As i mentioned earlier in topic "how about redesign tdms mainmenu"
i would love to see a live-background feature in TDM.
So I have created a early techdemo, for you all.
You only have to add the pk4 to the folder of your mission, to see a glimpse of my idea.
But a mission using only the d3 camera, would be great.
I would like to hear your opinions about it.
(and some answers to solve some problems)
In collaboration with Bikedude, we found out that:
- you really need to use the D3 camera-entity to work it.
(otherwise the background the reacts on the playermovement. Because its ingame-ingame)
- And for a faster loadtime, the map needs to be small (one or 2 rooms, with a few objects)
Problems for now:
- Dont know how to disable/ignore automaticly the "click to start".
- I dont know how to show the edited guis automaticly (i use now the inventory grid run code)
- I havent seen/tested this package thats starts with a d3 camera. So i dont know how it works.
- I lost my newest version of the package (so the quite button is black and transparent)
- maybe i have to use the ingame-mainmenu as the mainmenu
Installing the package
- Start TDM, install a FM and close TDM.
- download file "livebackground-overlay" from darkmissions-googledrive: https://drive.google...OXw?usp=sharing
- put this pk4 in your missions folder (in darkmod/fms/yourmission)
- Edit the autocommands.cfg thats inside the pk4.
Change the line "map ac2" to "map nameofyourlivebackgroundmap"
Running the live background
- During navigating menus, beware you can be stuck in the menus. -
- After installing the fm and pk4, start tdm.
(Or start tdm using a parameter: thedarkmod.exe +map nameofyourlivebackgroundmap)
- Automaticly the livebackground will load,
- click on the "click to start"
- and see the live background & modified menu in action.
- After a while, Hit the escape-button to close the menu.
- If you want to delete this livebackground feature, remove the pk4
- Successfully tested on fm accountant 2.
- At the moment i use the tdm inventory grid to display the modified menus automaticly
(the only method i know displaying automatically a gui ingame)
- Hit the escape-button to close the menu. Beware you can be stuck in the menus.
- And I need to edit the ingame mainmenu background.
- Camera tutorials: Cutscenes_Part_1:_Cameras and youtube -Doom 3 Cinematic Camera Tutorial
- Lots of live background examples to see in topic "how about redesign tdms mainmenu"
Edited by freyk, 08 January 2018 - 03:20 AM.