Photo

Fan Mission: The Elixir by b1k3rdude & Obsttorte (17/02/2018)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

POPULAR

Story:

"Sir Barrington, as he likes to be known, enjoys a prestigious reputation of having lavish yet intimate dinner parties. I've heard the tales about what goes on in the noble's dining room, but I believed none of them 'till now. Orbach, a local shop-keep who makes special deliveries to the people of 'high stature' heard Sir Henry Hughbellow raving about Sir Barrington's special 'Elixir', It cures your ails and gives you vigor... By the Hammer, it extends your very life! he exclaimed.

Orbach begged Sir Henry for a small sample, and after one sip he was sure that the potion was nothing more than mineral water and spirit. He asked Sir Henry if other folks were as fond of the elixir as he was, and he found out that folks are paying handsomely for these small vials on a weekly basis. Some lords pay for exclusive treatments and bathe in the tonic. Lord Barrington even brings in an occult expert every month, where supposedly the power of the elixir is renewed by the full moon.

Never one to pass up the opportunity for a good scam, Orbach has decided to take a cut of this 'elixir' business. He has made an elixir of his own, but needs to convince Sir Henry that it's really the same as the 'magical' tonic that Lord Barrington has been selling. And that's where I come in. Its rumered that Sir Barrington's prized possession is a painting of the revolutionary inventor 'Guillermo de Sohase' the day after he won the Battle of Billinsdune. If I can steal this painting, Orbach can use it to 'prove' that he also got the elixir from Sir Barrington.

Once Sir Henry tells all his friends that Orbach's stolen elixir is healing his heart, soothing his pains, and igniting his libido, they'll be lining up at his shop. Its time to go."

Build Time:

• Version 1.0 was speed build of sorts, to build upon Springheels video's with the new modules. Took roughly 20hrs to build but this ended up happening over the space of a few months.
  • http://forums.thedar...l=+speed +build

• Co-auther: Obstortte for all his custom entities, scripting and showing me a thing or two about perfing.
  • Resource: Springheel - new modules
  • Readables: nbhor1more
  • Testers: Bienie, Judith, Abusimplea, Cambridge Spy, Gerberox, MayheM,
    Amadeus, Goldwell, nbhor1more.

Download:

- mega

Info:

• Repeat after me, "Read and explore, Read and explore"

Known issues:

• This mission has been heavily tweaked and worked on to provide a playable experience for even low end machines.
  • For very low end PC's please make use of the in-game LOD slider, as not only are details reduced, but the ambient_world fog is removed at the lowest setting.
  • The medium difficulty is partially broken, the mission wont end when the player gets to the exit location. As this is the only issue with that difficulty level, I will fix this when I next update it to include the intro.

Edited by Bikerdude, 17 May 2018 - 02:48 AM.

• AluminumHaste, Melan, PsymH and 16 others like this

#2 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Your mission has been uploaded to the official servers and the FM page has been created. Let me know if you need anything changed/updated in the future :)

And congratulations on the release!

• Bikerdude and AluminumHaste like this

The Accountant
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#3 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Grats! Looking forward to play this. :)

• Bikerdude likes this

#4 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12634 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

Congrats!

• Bikerdude likes this

#5 kingsal

kingsal

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Ah man, congrats! Can't wait to check this out. 

• Bikerdude likes this

#6 Bienie

Bienie

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Yay it's finally out! Congrats, I will have to give this a go at some point in it's final form.

• Bikerdude likes this

#7 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Okay, I've tried to complete the mission on Hard difficulty, and the mission doesn't end when I approach the north east gate even though I've completed all objectives. It was like that even during beta. Also, the cook just stays in the dining room.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#8 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:28 AM

Okay, I've tried to complete the mission on Hard difficulty, and the mission doesn't end when I approach the north east gate even though I've completed all objectives. It was like that even during beta. Also, the cook just stays in the dining room.

:wacko: I thought I had fixed these, give me a sec.

#9 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Congrats!

• Bikerdude likes this

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#10 Amadeus

Amadeus

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

Congrats on the release! Cant wait to play it this weekend
  • Bikerdude likes this

#11 MVT

MVT

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Your mission has been uploaded to the official servers and the FM page has been created. Let me know if you need anything changed/updated in the future :)

And congratulations on the release!

I don't find it on the in-game downloader.  Thanks

#12 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

I don't find it on the in-game downloader.  Thanks

It should be listed under The Elixir. Or possibly under Elixir, The

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#13 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5653 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

Congrats for getting this out the door. One little mistake, though. It is Obsttorte (just one 't') ;)

• Bikerdude likes this
FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#14 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

It was listed under The Elexir for me, in the Mission Downloader. It is listed under Elexir, The in the list of missions then though.  :blink:

Edited by chakkman, 18 February 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#15 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

It was listed under The Elexir for me, in the Mission Downloader. It is listed under Elexir, The in the list of missions then though.  :blink:

That's because on the server it's called "The Elixir" as that's the title of this thread. But the Darkmod.txt file must just list it as "Elixir" and so once downloaded it shows up as that in the missions list.

Bikerdude if you see this please change the Darkmod.txt file to reflect the name "The Elixir". Alternatively if you want the name to be just "Elixir" then I'd recommend changing this thread title and I can update the name on the server list too if you would like.
  • chakkman likes this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#16 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

Played the updated version, still can't finish the mission on Hard. Like the extra lighting.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#17 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:23 AM

Bikerdude if you see this please change the Darkmod.txt file to reflect the name "The Elixir". Alternatively if you want the name to be just "Elixir" then I'd recommend changing this thread title and I can update the name on the server list too if you would like.

When the video intro gets made I will do this, otherwise I have no objections if you want to do that.

Played the updated version, still can't finish the mission on Hard. Like the extra lighting.

PM your save file, as I am able to complete the game on all 3 difficulty levels.

Edited by Bikerdude, 19 February 2018 - 04:09 AM.

#18 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, I was wondering what to play next

• Bikerdude likes this

#19 LordRutherford

LordRutherford

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Fantastic mission! the street layout feels cozy and lived in with plenty to explore. I'm stuck with

Spoiler

Edited by LordRutherford, 19 February 2018 - 11:22 AM.

• Bikerdude likes this

#20 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Yeah that was the feeling I was going for, I would love to build a much larger map using these modules - but we need more skins and variations (I need to create a list and attach this to a bug tracker)

Douse the candle at the bottom of the hallway outside the kitchen and then have a look

Spoiler

#21 MVT

MVT

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

It should be, but isn't.  I recently repartitioned the C: partition to expand it, so I might have dropped a reference somewhere.  Suggestions?

#22 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

I had one issue

Spoiler

However I reloaded a save & it worked perfectly, so I'm not sure if this is an issue you need to look at or not

Excellent little mission though, lots of climbing opporunities

#23 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

It should be, but isn't.  I recently repartitioned the C: partition to expand it, so I might have dropped a reference somewhere.  Suggestions?

Try the following:

• Running tdm_update.exe inside your TDM folder, that will cross reference your TDM directory with what's on the server and should there be any variances it will download the server version
  • After that delete the elixir folder in your FM folder and download a fresh copy from the mission downloader
  • If that fails, try to download a different mission and see if that works
  • If all of that fails try creating a brand new directory and installing a fresh copy of the dark mod

Those are the only steps I can think of to help solve your issue, if you require any further help I would recommend opening a thread in the tech support section and hopefully someone with more technical expertise can help you to diagnose and solve your issue.

Good luck!

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#24 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Ok so rather annoyingly the medium difficulty is partially broken, the mission wont end. As this is the only issue with that difficulty level, I will fix this when I next update it to include the intro.

Edited by Bikerdude, 19 February 2018 - 04:10 PM.

#25 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

I will fix this when I next update it to include the intro.

How important is the intro going to be?  Is it worth waiting for that before playing the mission?

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users