Photo

Fan Mission: Shadows of Northdale ACT I by Goldwell (2018/03/23)

shadows of northdale

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

I've also encountered SuaveSteve's stuck guard at the same spot.

Pretty great mission! The only part I needed spoiler was the

Spoiler

Also,

Spoiler

#102 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

I've also encountered SuaveSteve's stuck guard at the same spot.

Pretty great mission! The only part I needed spoiler was the

Spoiler

Also,

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Accountant
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#103 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37245 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:43 PM

Can either of the people who have experienced the stuck guard confirm that they have NOT manually changed cm_backFaceCull to 1, and that they're using 2.06?

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#104 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Can either of the people who have experienced the stuck guard confirm that they have NOT manually changed cm_backFaceCull to 1, and that they're using 2.06?

Can confirm. I don't know how to use that command and I'm using 2.06 /64

Spoiler

Ah! I heard him say it once but the only part of that information that remained in my head afterwards was "I remember seeing that something something mage's guild"

#105 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

I had to wait until I was at a computer to respond to this so I could check out exactly where all the secrets are.

Here's the list

Spoiler

I cannot find this. Is it near the 3 pipes?

Nevermind. I found it.

Edited by Philflound, 26 June 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#106 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:43 PM

I had to wait until I was at a computer to respond to this so I could check out exactly where all the secrets are.

Here's the list

Spoiler

I cannot find this. Is it near the 3 pipes?

Spoiler

• Langfinger Dave likes this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#107 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8866 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

Can confirm. I don't know how to use that command and I'm using 2.06 /64

Please post your current Darkmod.cfg
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#108 unfairlight

unfairlight

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

Great mission, but that's pretty standard for you Goldwell. I liked almost everything although I feel that the map was a bit too oversized. The amount of non-enterable buildings just felt like bloat, if you make more of them open in act 2 then I'll take that back. Only managed to get 2 or 3 secrets, but better than nothing. I didn't also quite like the put the loot in the safe thing primarily because it threw off the statistics in the end, and the 1.5k loot that I stored in the safe did not count on the stats.

Really loved the non-linearity, that you could buy your gear mid mission, the voice acting, the intro cutscenes which are always great.

I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that it took me 5 minutes to figure out that I had to read a note I never noticed that I found to continue on with the mission, though.

• Goldwell likes this

#109 unfairlight

unfairlight

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention two things, the first is that I managed to get stuck on the railing, short wall, whatever that is right next to the staircase that you spawn in. It's minor but if you will at some point update the mission you might as well take a gander at it. https://i.imgur.com/kgA2cSb.jpg

The other is probably not related to the mission itself, but when I quickloaded one time on the rooftops the entire map looked like it was covered in fog, sort of reminded me of Life of the Party in Thief 2, the fog was really short range and disappeared when I reloaded the save again.

Edited by Veeall, 28 June 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#110 VHS

VHS

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

I played it last night, it was awesome. Great Work !

• Goldwell likes this

#111 Ubersuntzu

Ubersuntzu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

Ha, I quoted you last time but forgot to ask. You mean future missions involve something going on in there? Or is there more to it?

Spoiler

#112 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Ha, I quoted you last time but forgot to ask. You mean future missions involve something going on in there? Or is there more to it?

Spoiler

It's a continually evolving room, so in act 2 it's different and in act 3 it's different.

• Ubersuntzu likes this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#113 Ubersuntzu

Ubersuntzu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

*rubs hands together*

Eeeeexcellent. Good to know.

#114 Wenex

Wenex

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

I really like the exploring aspect. For example

Spoiler

I have also found like 3 secrets in the time of like 1 hour. They all were pretty good hidden only by exploring every corner and jump mantle you could find them. The secret with boxes was pretty satisfying. I'm hoping to get at least 6 out of 8, but will go for 8 :D

Great mission so far.

Edited by Wenex, 10 July 2018 - 06:41 AM.

• Goldwell likes this

#115 Wenex

Wenex

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

Also I must mention how I really enjoyed how many lootable paintings there are. I think this is something that is really lacking in most of the fan missions. In your mission, there are lootable painting in almost all apartaments and shops, which is quite nice for someone who appreciates the stealing aspect of Thief :)

PS. Since I love breaking things up I found one visual "bug" if you could call it, the smoke from one of the chimney is misaligned.

Spoiler

This place can be accessed by opening this vent and jumping onto it and roof ^.^

Spoiler

Also nice view :D I guess it wasn't intended to get there, but it's understandable.

Spoiler

And lastly apparently I found 773 loot out of 4404. I'm assuming this is after I deposited 1,5k in the box for rent, but damn. That would mean I missed more than 2k in loot overall? I felt like I explored every canny of the map, lol. Also I found 5 out of 8 secrets.

Nice mission, cheers! :)

Edited by Wenex, 10 July 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#116 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

POPULAR

Also I must mention how I really enjoyed how many lootable paintings there are. I think this is something that is really lacking in most of the fan missions. In your mission, there are lootable painting in almost all apartaments and shops, which is quite nice for someone who appreciates the stealing aspect of Thief :)

PS. Since I love breaking things up I found one visual "bug" if you could call it, the smoke from one of the chimney is misaligned.

Spoiler

This place can be accessed by opening this vent and jumping onto it and roof ^.^

Spoiler

Also nice view :D I guess it wasn't intended to get there, but it's understandable.

Spoiler

And lastly apparently I found 773 loot out of 4404. I'm assuming this is after I deposited 1,5k in the box for rent, but damn. That would mean I missed more than 2k in loot overall? I felt like I explored every canny of the map, lol. Also I found 5 out of 8 secrets.

Nice mission, cheers! :)

Yes the 1.5k deposit into the safe seems to have messed with the final loot count, i'm not even sure how to fix that bug but that would mean your actual loot found would be 2273.

Thanks for the bug report as well, if I come back to this mission again i'll be sure to fix that.

Also thanks for the kind words about my mission, glad you had a good time :)

I'm currently plugging away at act 2 which has turned into a much bigger project than I expected, but here's a little teaser of a scene I just finished up doing

Spoiler

• chakkman, Tarhiel, nbohr1more and 2 others like this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#117 unfairlight

unfairlight

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

Really nice ambiance in that scene.

• Wenex likes this

#118 Wenex

Wenex

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

I'm currently plugging away at act 2 which has turned into a much bigger project than I expected, but here's a little teaser of a scene I just finished up doing

Spoiler

Looks interesting, like Veeall said, good ambience :D

By the way I hope those big white doors near Thiefs Guild window will be open in Act 2. I got an idea that this was a Builders place and they were singing in there or something, thought we would get to explore it in Act 1. Possibly Act 2 or 3? :D Or I guess you put it there just as an sound effect to make better atmosphere for the level which is fine either way.

Edited by Wenex, 11 July 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#119 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

POPULAR

Looks interesting, like Veeall said, good ambience :D

By the way I hope those big white doors near Thiefs Guild window will be open in Act 2. I got an idea that this was a Builders place and they were singing in there or something, thought we would get to explore it in Act 1. Possibly Act 2 or 3? :D Or I guess you put it there just as an sound effect to make better atmosphere for the level which is fine either way.

In Act 2 Corbin needs to visit some other districts in Northdale to follow up on the leads he found from the first night, so while you wont get to explore that specific builder location there is a rather large Builder complex in the Grimwood district that you get to explore ;)

Spoiler

• Tarhiel, nbohr1more, Moonbo and 4 others like this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#120 Ubersuntzu

Ubersuntzu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:27 AM

Oh, wow. I kinda figured part of the reason you said the following acts would take less time to complete was because they shared some of the hub. But I guess you're taking the Hammond route and sparing no expense. :P

#121 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:09 AM

Oh, wow. I kinda figured part of the reason you said the following acts would take less time to complete was because they shared some of the hub. But I guess you're taking the Hammond route and sparing no expense. :P

Act 2 takes place on the very next night so the hub is there in full just with new and different shops and places to explore this time, and for the curious minded you can read and follow what impact your actions from the night prior have had on Northdale. That is all ontop of the main mission areas as well, so there is quite a lot to do. I have spared no exp-... nevermind.

• Ubersuntzu likes this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#122 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

Wow, I was so in the mood for a climbing sneaking mission and this fit the bill. Really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

I really look forward to the next installment. Thanks for all your hard work Goldwell :)

• Goldwell likes this

#123 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:37 PM

Wow, I was so in the mood for a climbing sneaking mission and this fit the bill. Really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

I really look forward to the next installment. Thanks for all your hard work Goldwell :)

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the mission :)

Spoiler

• Thiefette and Anderson like this

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users