#1 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

POPULAR

While we wait to see TDM in Steam,
there are ways to promote TDM in Steam in the mean time, to your fellow Steam-gamers.

Like adding non-steam shortcuts in Steam to TDM, its updater and editor. (or creating a Steam skin)
When you are online and play or run the game/applications,
theoretically your friends wil see that your playing the game or running the updater/Dark-radiant.

For the unexperienced users, I am working on a feature for the TDM installer,
to start the shortcut-adding procedure in an easy way. (they need to  select the executables and add the banner themselves.)

But you can do this yourself by:

• Adding Non-Steam shortcut:
    start steam > game library > "add a game" > check tdm executables (or browse for them).
    (change its name, if needed: game library > right-click game > properties)
  • And then adding banner to shortcut:
    library > click on the 4-tiles icon on right side of the window > right click on game > set image.

What do you think about this idea?

Attached Files

Edited by freyk, 05 April 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• PsymH, RPGista, Amadeus and 2 others like this

#2 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

(Some early screenshots of the installer feature and TDM userpage in Steam.)

Attached Files

Edited by freyk, 05 April 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#3 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

I already did this (added TDM as a non Steam game, but... none of my friends there really seemed to take that as a motivation to give it a try. :) Frankly, I don't think stealth games are very popular in general these days. Too slow. People prefer quick and easy games.

#4 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7462 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:35 AM

I already did this (added TDM as a non Steam game, but... none of my friends there really seemed to take that as a motivation to give it a try. :) Frankly, I don't think stealth games are very popular in general these days. Too slow. People prefer quick and easy games.

Sadly this is indeed true. I have tried to get several of my colleagues at work into the game but alas to no avail.

#5 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

Yeah... frankly, i don't get it. I'm playing through Thief 2 now (for the third time, i think), after finishing Thief Gold, and, it's once again a really nice, relaxing, while at the same time thrilling, experience, and, the atmosphere is simply unbeatable. What's not to like. :P Especially as TDM has the better, more modern graphics, and in many ways extends the gameplay of the original Thiefs.

Edited by chakkman, 07 April 2018 - 08:40 AM.

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20186 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

The team dont I imagine wnat to get into a debate about this, but they ran into legalese issues that a number of the team weren't comfortable with. That and the Valve contact I had been liaising with at the time never got back to me, so nothing ever got moved forward.

#7 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

I (and maybe other 'community' members) would like to know what these issues are. Maybe we can find a sollution.
But create this another topic.

To keep this topic going, are there any things we can change in steam?

Edited by freyk, 07 April 2018 - 12:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users