• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

POPULAR

I found this game a few days ago and I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved. The amount and quality of work you have done is amazing. I've gone through the Tutorial, A New Job, Tears of St. Lucia and Sir Taffsalot's Sword (which I understand is an homage to a recently deceased member of the community) and I'm amazed and speechless. And, moreover, all this for free from a community of fans who create it in their leisure time. WELL DONE, EVERYONE, AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS! You seriously rock!

• Springheel, Dram, Bikerdude and 19 others like this

VIRIBVS VNITIS

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36993 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, and welcome.  You have many hours of fun ahead of you. :)

• AluminumHaste likes this

#3 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12362 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the kudos.

#4 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Totally agree with the OP. :)

#5 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2361 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to the community!

The Accountant Trilogy
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Trilogy

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19754 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

+5

#7 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7456 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

+6!!

#8 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6119 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

Thanks, and welcome.  You have many hours of fun ahead of you. :)

More like days and weeks!

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#9 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5328 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#10 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

• RPGista likes this

VIRIBVS VNITIS

#11 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7456 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

Feel free to post ideas if you wish, perhaps it will inspire a mapper or two to take it on :)

Incidentally I too am Czech! Working at BI in Prague.

#12 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19754 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

One of our best mappers (Dram) is Czech I believe ah he beat me too it, why not do some sample lines so we can hear what you sound like :D

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Edited by Bikerdude, 18 April 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#13 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Welcome and have a good time here. :)

You're certainly not the only central European around here. There's also me, Melan, Judith, at least one or two other Czech, Slovak and Polish members. We're a merry bunch, and the more, the merrier. :)

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Here's the list.

Edited by Petike the Taffer, 18 April 2018 - 06:38 AM.

#14 trickster8009

trickster8009

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Yes!  What Jabberwocky said!  :laugh: I finally can play this on my computer and I still play this gem.  It feels so good to revive the thief's experience.  Thanks guys!  Keep'em coming!

• Springheel and Petike the Taffer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users