• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

POPULAR

I found this game a few days ago and I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved. The amount and quality of work you have done is amazing. I've gone through the Tutorial, A New Job, Tears of St. Lucia and Sir Taffsalot's Sword (which I understand is an homage to a recently deceased member of the community) and I'm amazed and speechless. And, moreover, all this for free from a community of fans who create it in their leisure time. WELL DONE, EVERYONE, AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS! You seriously rock!

• Springheel, Dram, Bikerdude and 20 others like this

VIRIBVS VNITIS

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37380 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, and welcome.  You have many hours of fun ahead of you. :)

• AluminumHaste likes this
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#3 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12687 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the kudos.

#4 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Totally agree with the OP. :)

#5 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to the community!

The Accountant
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20186 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

+5

#7 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7462 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

+6!!

#8 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6208 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

Thanks, and welcome.  You have many hours of fun ahead of you. :)

More like days and weeks!

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#9 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5402 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#10 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

• RPGista likes this

VIRIBVS VNITIS

#11 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7462 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

Feel free to post ideas if you wish, perhaps it will inspire a mapper or two to take it on :)

Incidentally I too am Czech! Working at BI in Prague.

#12 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20186 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

One of our best mappers (Dram) is Czech I believe ah he beat me too it, why not do some sample lines so we can hear what you sound like :D

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Edited by Bikerdude, 18 April 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#13 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Welcome and have a good time here. :)

You're certainly not the only central European around here. There's also me, Melan, Judith, at least one or two other Czech, Slovak and Polish members. We're a merry bunch, and the more, the merrier. :)

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Here's the list.

Edited by Petike the Taffer, 18 April 2018 - 06:38 AM.

#14 trickster8009

trickster8009

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Yes!  What Jabberwocky said!  :laugh: I finally can play this on my computer and I still play this gem.  It feels so good to revive the thief's experience.  Thanks guys!  Keep'em coming!

• Springheel and Petike the Taffer like this

#15 Cookie

Cookie

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

POPULAR

I am following this "mod" for over 10 years now, it got me to buy Doom 3 and all I can say is it surpassed all my expectations. A community from all over the planet, being passionate and skilled enough to create such a gem cannot be praised highly enough. From the "old" guard like Springheel to talents rising and disappearing again like Airship Ballet to newer contributors like Kingsal, many gifted people helped this project grow to this day.

And to keep it short:

Thank you. Thank you for your time and effort, you are capable of great things.

• Springheel, Bikerdude, AluminumHaste and 4 others like this

#16 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20186 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:45 AM

+14

• nbohr1more likes this

#17 Ladro

Ladro

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:02 AM

I want to say THANK YOU too, this 2.06 release it's really awesome!

For a Linux user, it's now easier to install and run TDM: with the 64 bit version there is no need to mess and install all the *:386 libs for audio and video!

(like was needed in the past, cfr. I.E. this thread)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

:D

=> I love TDM, I love this incredibile community <=

Edited by Ladro, 05 June 2018 - 06:15 AM.

• Bikerdude, stgatilov, nbohr1more and 1 other like this

#18 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

I want to say THANK YOU too, this 2.06 release it's really awesome!

For a Linux user, it's now easier to install a run TDM: with the 64 bit version there is no need to mess and install all the *:386 libs for audio and video!

(like was needed it the past, cfr. I.E. this thread)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

:D

=> I love TDM, I love this incredibile community <=

Glad to hear that. :)

• Ladro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users