Here's the DR 2.6.0pre5 build for motivated mappers to test. It doesn't contain many new features, but it's fixing a couple of problems and improves the model exporter. As usual, a bit of refactoring and improvement has been happening under the hood, but this shouldn't have any negative impact.
Windows Installer x64: https://drive.google...6-3qRa2N2Xpa1Oa
Windows Portable x64: https://drive.google...UbPOJ7RBAAn1Sz-
Linux folks need to compile this stuff from source, instructions for various distributions are on the wiki.
If you happen to run into a crash, please record a crashdump: How to record a crashdump
Changes since 2.5.0 can be seen on the Bugtracker changelog, important stuff includes so far:
- Add a stopwatch tracking your mapping time
- Make The Model Exporter Respect The "skin" Spawnarg On Export
- Export patches and lights/func_statics to OBJ
- Fixed: Particle Editor Doesn't Save Colour/Fade Colour
- Fixed: Re-exporting .ase models screws up their normals
- Fixed: Export Selected as .LWO Model: Exported models loose smooth shading after export.
- Fixed: DR shouldn't write *.darkradiant files when creating a prefab
- Fixed: CSG Make Room operator does not fill the room on 3-edge prism case
- Cleanup VC++ projects and settings
- Refactor Frontend Renderer (remove the state machine part)
- Fixed: DR doesn't show readable background image changes
- Fixed a syntax error in OBJ export script
- Fixed: Grid size number format in status bar is showing unnecessary post-comma zeros
- Fixed: Undo after changing func_static entity classname results in lost child primitives
- Fixed: Changing entity class from the spawnargs moves it to the Active Layer
- Remove legacy "Convert to ASE..." script
Changes since 2.6.0pre1
- Added Favourites feature to MediaBrowser tab (see http://forums.thedar...orite-folders/)
Changes since 2.6.0pre2
- Fixed brush faces rendering as highlighted even though they're not selected
- Fixed light wireframes drawing in the wrong colour (red) when selected
- Adjusted ModelSurface script interface to include getActiveMaterial() method
- Fixed Linux compilation
Changes since 2.6.0pre3
- Fixed crash at startup when "Load last map at startup" option is enabled
Changes since 2.6.0pre4
- Fixed DR not remembering location of child windows when placed on any non-primary monitor
Thanks for testing, as always!
Edited by greebo, 06 May 2018 - 08:47 AM.