Mission Modding Topics

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

I don't think, there should be a problem even when just altering an existing mission - as long as the modifications are allowed by license, the result is named unambiguously (wich most likely is a requirement of the license anyway) and attribution is given correctly (wich also almost always is rerquired by the license).

Not every mission modification has to make it into the TDM downloader. There could be a forum for stuff that did not made it into the downloader.

And i don't know whether that is already supported by the engine, but there might be PK4s that patch the PK4s of a mission. Missions tend to get bigger and bigger - maybe mods for missions should be considered a valid thing too...

#27 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

i wouldn't want mine altered, as an update might remove a reference to clues to puzzles, because someone thought something was a spelling mistake, when it isn't. Or an indirect reference to something in another map that happens at a different time.

#28 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:40 AM

I see modding or using an existing object, as a tribute to the original creator.
Because people dont copy ugly things,
for using it themselfs.
The mappers chooses the nicest existing assest from TDM for their maps.
(that they never created themselfs)
(i see this also as "copying" )

It would be nice if a mapper put a license for their map to follow.
Mappers should copy only the parts you need and improve it to the taste of their own.
Just like the tdm-team and community did, with id's d3-engine.
But the mapper need to remember that they not created the used assests in their missions.

Sooo, time for a little prayer:
"Send love and praises,

to the almighty Builder(s),

Who created our beloved the TDM world, with his golden hammer.

A world where we Create, Give and Take."

Edited by freyk, 06 May 2018 - 03:52 PM.

#29 duzenko

duzenko

Advanced Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

Late to the party, didn't read beyond the few first posts.

Good idea but mappers immediately sense the threat to their principle "it's mine, don't touch".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users