DarkRadiant 2.6.0 is ready for download. This feature release is further improving on the Model Exporting capabilities and introduces smaller features like a mapping time stopwatch and the ability to define favourites in the Media Browser, making it more convenient to work with a large number of materials. On top of that, this build offers a number of fixes and improvement for various parts of the editor. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.
Windows and Mac Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.6.0 and of course linked from the website https://www.darkradiant.net
Thanks go out to all who helped testing this release!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:
- Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
- If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
- Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.
Changes since 2.5.0
- Add a stopwatch tracking your mapping time
- Make The Model Exporter Respect The "skin" Spawnarg On Export
- Export patches and lights/func_statics to OBJ
- Fixed: Particle Editor Doesn't Save Colour/Fade Colour
- Fixed DR not remembering location of child windows when placed on any non-primary monitor
- Fixed: Re-exporting .ase models screws up their normals
- Fixed: Export Selected as .LWO Model: Exported models loose smooth shading after export.
- Fixed: DR shouldn't write *.darkradiant files when creating a prefab
- Fixed: CSG Make Room operator does not fill the room on 3-edge prism case
- Fixed: DR doesn't show readable background image changes
- Fixed syntax error in OBJ export script
- Fixed: Grid size number format in status bar is showing unnecessary post-comma zeros
- Fixed: Undo after changing func_static entity classname results in lost child primitives
- Fixed: Changing entity class from the spawnargs moves it to the Active Layer
The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.
Have fun mapping!