54 replies to this topic

#51 Arcturus

Arcturus

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

No, this .ase exporter exports material name from Blender properly.

It's only a model... /// My channel on YouTube

#52 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7541 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for updating these scripts chedap. It's great to see that the Blender users aren't being stuck with outdated scripts that only work with ancient versions of Blender.

I've taken the liberty of uploading both ASE and LWO scripts to a new GitLab repository here:

https://gitlab.com/o...ver/darkblender

I hope you don't feel this is treading on your toes, but such repositories are a better way of sharing code than file sharing links scattered across random forum posts, and allow people to more easily checkout the latest version, as well as tracking any changes that are made. Of course if you would prefer to maintain an "official" repository yourself you are free to do so; the beauty of Git is that changes can easily be pushed and pulled between different people even on different sites.

• RPGista likes this

#53 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7541 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

I've updated the ASE exporter for Blender 2.8.

I've done some basic testing, confirming that it produces a valid ASE which displays in DarkRadiant with what appears to be the correct texture, but I haven't tested thoroughly to confirm that it is correct in all cases.

If any Blender users are trying 2.8 and want to test the new script, it can be found in the blender-2.80 branch of my repository:

https://gitlab.com/o...ee/blender-2.80

• nbohr1more, RPGista and VanishedOne like this

#54 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7541 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

The LWO exporter is now also updated for Blender 2.8 (strangely this one was much easier than ASE, although I assumed it was going to be more complex).

Same branch URL as before.

• nbohr1more and VanishedOne like this

#55 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Im migrating to 2.8, working on a few models too, will definitely give these a spin. Thanks a lot for this.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blender, lwo, export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users