Jump to content


Photo

Exporting models from Blender into TDM

blender lwo export

59 replies to this topic

#51 Arcturus

Arcturus

    Advanced Member

  • Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

No, this .ase exporter exports material name from Blender properly.


It's only a model... /// My channel on YouTube


#52 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for updating these scripts chedap. It's great to see that the Blender users aren't being stuck with outdated scripts that only work with ancient versions of Blender.

 

I've taken the liberty of uploading both ASE and LWO scripts to a new GitLab repository here:

 

https://gitlab.com/o...ver/darkblender

 

I hope you don't feel this is treading on your toes, but such repositories are a better way of sharing code than file sharing links scattered across random forum posts, and allow people to more easily checkout the latest version, as well as tracking any changes that are made. Of course if you would prefer to maintain an "official" repository yourself you are free to do so; the beauty of Git is that changes can easily be pushed and pulled between different people even on different sites.


  • RPGista likes this

#53 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

I've updated the ASE exporter for Blender 2.8.

 

I've done some basic testing, confirming that it produces a valid ASE which displays in DarkRadiant with what appears to be the correct texture, but I haven't tested thoroughly to confirm that it is correct in all cases.

 

If any Blender users are trying 2.8 and want to test the new script, it can be found in the blender-2.80 branch of my repository:

 

https://gitlab.com/o...ee/blender-2.80


  • nbohr1more, RPGista and VanishedOne like this

#54 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

The LWO exporter is now also updated for Blender 2.8 (strangely this one was much easier than ASE, although I assumed it was going to be more complex).

Same branch URL as before.


  • nbohr1more, RPGista and VanishedOne like this

#55 RPGista

RPGista

    Advanced Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Im migrating to 2.8, working on a few models too, will definitely give these a spin. Thanks a lot for this.



#56 RPGista

RPGista

    Advanced Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

Hmmm, unfortunately Im getting an error when I try to start a map using a model I exported with the ASE 2.8 script. The model shows up fine in DR, but the dmap and map commands crash with the error: MESH _NUMTVFACES != MESH _NUMFACES.

 

Heres the model if you wanna test it on your side (just drop it in your project folder): https://1drv.ms/u/s!...be32GXV7-iomjLY



#57 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:53 AM

Sure, I'll test. It didn't occur to me that the game might behave differently from DR, so I didn't actually try bringing the test cubes I exported into the game itself.


  • RPGista likes this

#58 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

Reproduced, fixed in 9dfdd82e7a7111ce01866cc3abee8e47db104d91.


  • RPGista likes this

#59 RPGista

RPGista

    Advanced Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

Working perfectly now, my friend! Thank you guys for this. 2.8 is a lot better to work with and its great (and important) to have scripts that keep tdm up to date with whats going on.

 

PS: Orb I had a typo in the material file for that model, I also had to get rid of the shadow mesh as it was sticking out visibly in several places, but its fixed and looking good here on my side now.

 

Will be checking lwo next.


Edited by RPGista, 10 February 2019 - 02:46 PM.


#60 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

    Mod hero

  • Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7599 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:51 AM

Working perfectly now, my friend! Thank you guys for this. 2.8 is a lot better to work with and its great (and important) to have scripts that keep tdm up to date with whats going on.


I agree, I really like the new 2.8 interface. It is so much more professional and dicoverable for newer users.
 

PS: Orb I had a typo in the material file for that model, I also had to get rid of the shadow mesh as it was sticking out visibly in several places, but its fixed and looking good here on my side now.


I didn't actually test with your example model, since I could reproduce the problem even using my simple test cube. The script line which populated the *MESH_TVFACES line was using some weird Blender API variable related to UV stencil layers, for some unknown reason. I changed it to simply count the number of triangles that were already being exported into *MESH_TFACE block.





Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blender, lwo, export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users