Exporting models from Blender into TDM

blender lwo export

80 replies to this topic

#76 Ralle321

Ralle321

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:15 AM

That's it. When i remove the vertex colors the export works flawless.

• OrbWeaver likes this

#77 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Hmmm, thats a shame, Im working on a coulple of terrain models that have vertex blending... Will be looking foward to the fix.

#78 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7648 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

I've committed some initial changes to stop the script from crashing when vertex colour information is present in the mesh, however I have not yet tested that the exported vertex colours are correct. You're welcome to try the latest version and see if it does what you expect.

EDIT: The results look fairly reasonable I think; at least this more or less matches what I see in Blender.

Attached File  vcols.png   347.97KB   0 downloads

• Ralle321 and RPGista like this

#79 Snehk

Snehk

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

I know that this thread is mostly focused on getting LWO and ASE from Blender, but I don't want to make another thread for this one.

I downloaded this https://sourceforge....i/MD5 exporter/ and tried to check whether it'd work with Blender 2.80.0 and it didn't. I checked the code block by block in Blender's console, most of which resulted in no errors whatsoever until the menu and registering parts, which throwed up a lot of errors:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not an expert of Blender API (in fact, I passionately hated earlier versions of the software), but I know that it was one of the major changes in 2.80.0 and I wanted to ask if the plugin may work correctly after updating this part.

Edited by Snehk, 31 March 2019 - 04:30 PM.

#80 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:54 PM

Its more complicated than that. The script will really only work up to version 2.72. If you use it on version 2.79, eveything looks great and the model and animations will go through, but they will actually be corrupted internally. I wasted countless hours trying to make it work before it finally crossed my mind to use an earlier version, because there were no visible errors pointing out the problem. So updating the scripts would probably take a bit more work.

• VanishedOne and Snehk like this

#81 Snehk

Snehk

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

I guess that rewriting the scripts would be the best solution.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blender, lwo, export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users