Chronicles of Skulduggery: Pearls and Swine

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 gnartsch

gnartsch

• PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:33 AM

Both servers provide the correct PK4 file now. Thanks!

• Bienie likes this

#52 Blue_Pill

Blue_Pill

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Great work!

I've really liked the secrets and scattered bits of lore that reward exploring the map and make the surroundings vivid.

• Bienie likes this

#53 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:37 PM

Glasses in Rafter

In Annabelle's bedroom up on the rafters, there are some glasses (see attached pic). I was sure that would be a secret, but it wasn't. So why is it there? I'm probably missing an additional Objective that wasn't triggered because I missed reading some text somewhere.

Attached Files

• Anderson and Bienie like this

#54 acolyte6

acolyte6

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

Now I remember why I never finished this mission, I never made it past the sewer! I can't seem to climb up. Keep getting stuck on the ledge, before I make it up. Turned on mantling, but that don't work either. There's no rope arrows to buy or find, so I can't get out of the tunnel and into the manor in the beginning. What am I doing wrong? I got version 1 and 1.1 (why is version 1.1 smaller than the first?)

• Bienie likes this
My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI
Onboard is:
CPU: Intel Socket 775
VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260
RAM: DDRIII 16Gb
HDD: 2 Tb
All service packs and latest drivers installed.

#55 Bienie

Bienie

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

Glasses in Rafter

In Annabelle's bedroom up on the rafters, there are some glasses (see attached pic). I was sure that would be a secret, but it wasn't. So why is it there? I'm probably missing an additional Objective that wasn't triggered because I missed reading some text somewhere.

That's really just an easter egg... I originally meant to put secret loot up there but I figured it would be too hard to find (not for you evidently!), so I decided to put a pair of glasses there suggesting that some creeper would sit up there at night and watch her sleep.

Now I remember why I never finished this mission, I never made it past the sewer! I can't seem to climb up. Keep getting stuck on the ledge, before I make it up. Turned on mantling, but that don't work either. There's no rope arrows to buy or find, so I can't get out of the tunnel and into the manor in the beginning. What am I doing wrong? I got version 1 and 1.1 (why is version 1.1 smaller than the first?)

I'm sorry to hear that! I've gathered some people have had trouble climbing up through the privy, and I've just been scratching my head because I felt it was very natural, but we all play differently and I should have accounted for that. What I do is open the lid (make sure you are standing tall) and then aim for the top rim and jump towards it while holding down the jump key which should make you grab on to it and mantle up. If you are still having trouble there is no shame in

Spoiler
I hope that helps, and that you enjoy my mission! As for the difference in file size... no idea. I don't remember removing much of anything in the update, just adding. Nevertheless v.1.1 is the way to go!

Edited by Bienie, 05 November 2018 - 04:17 PM.

• Anderson likes this

#56 Sneaker

Sneaker

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

Now I remember why I never finished this mission, I never made it past the sewer! I can't seem to climb up. Keep getting stuck on the ledge, before I make it up. Turned on mantling, but that don't work either.

The jump-to-grab is a common problem for players.  What helps is to aim for what you want to grab at, at the exact center of the screen, and jump at it (pressing forward also, just jumping up may or may not get you close enough to the "grab point").  Mantling works great for things at a certain height, but for higher grabs, you'll need to jump at it.

• Bienie likes this

#57 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:07 PM

That's really just an easter egg... I originally meant to put secret loot up there but I figured it would be too hard to find (not for you evidently!), so I decided to put a pair of glasses there suggesting that some creeper would sit up there at night and watch her sleep.

I may have found your easter egg, but I am still 300 short of loot total (3250/3550). And I looked everywhere for the 300 missing. I even resorted to noclip mode and wandered around. The Glasses I found legitimately though.

#58 Bienie

Bienie

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

I may have found your easter egg, but I am still 300 short of loot total (3250/3550). And I looked everywhere for the 300 missing. I even resorted to noclip mode and wandered around. The Glasses I found legitimately though.

Yeah it's not going to be easy to find every single piece of loot in this mission, though I don't feel like I have many pieces in unreasonable places. If you're pulling your hair out over it (like I feel I do sometimes), you can always

Spoiler

If after that you are still missing loot, you might want to check

Spoiler

#59 cavador_8

cavador_8

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:17 PM

Only thing which I would point out is optimization - the part of mansion with lady´s bedroom (especially when you enter through the double-wing door) runs terribly slow on my high-end PC, whereas others run quite well.

I agree with Tarhiel. I was also getting fluctuations in frame rate in this mission until I just found a new setting in the video options... multi core enhancement. This seems to work really well. I am very pleased. 

Edited by cavador_8, 04 December 2018 - 10:25 PM.

• Bienie likes this

#60 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

Yeah it's not going to be easy to find every single piece of loot in this mission, though I don't feel like I have many pieces in unreasonable places. If you're pulling your hair out over it (like I feel I do sometimes), you can always

Spoiler

If after that you are still missing loot, you might want to check
Spoiler

I finally got back to this and did what you suggested and found some really sneaky loot plus I did the 2 side missions. But I was still short and did the ultimate cheat to locate that last 80 in loot. It was

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by CountMorillonite, 05 December 2018 - 12:27 PM.

• Bienie likes this

#61 Bienie

Bienie

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

I finally got back to this and did what you suggested and found some really sneaky loot plus I did the 2 side missions. But I was still short and did the ultimate cheat to locate that last 80 in loot. It was

Spoiler

Glad you found it all!

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users