• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37174 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Currently I can only see 3 lines in my entity window, with lots of wasted space underneath.  I can't find a way to increase that window size...anyone know of a trick to do it?

Attached Files

• Attached File  222.jpg   54.73KB   0 downloads

#2 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Hover the mouse at the bottom of the value input field:

Attached File  EntityWindowSize.jpg   37.47KB   0 downloads

#3 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

You may have open and close DR a few times before it will remember the size and location.

#4 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37174 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

attachicon.gif EntityWindowSize.jpg

Thanks.  I was trying at the bottom of the window instead of the bottom of the input field.

#5 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7471 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:52 AM

You may have open and close DR a few times before it will remember the size and location.

There's actually a problem with the persistence of splitter positions, which seems to have been introduced with the switch to wxWidgets and the way that this particular GUI toolkit represents the position of the splitter. On my Linux builds this manifests as a progressive shifting of the main vertical splitter with each session, so that eventually the panels on the left take up almost all of the window.

I did try to fix this in my repository, but after spending many evenings on it and finally thinking it was fixed, I made a release build and the issue promptly re-appeared, after which I quit in frustration. :angry:

#6 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Is this the same issue that causes a slight resizing of the embedded windows during subsequent boot-ups of DR? Not a major issue by any stretch of the imagination, but I had been kinda wondering about it for a while.

#7 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

Is this the same issue that causes a slight resizing of the embedded windows during subsequent boot-ups of DR? Not a major issue by any stretch of the imagination, but I had been kinda wondering about it for a while.

Yes, that's exactly what it does. It might be a single shift, which is probably tolerable, or a progressive shift with every session, which is far more annoying and will eventually result in the user having to manually reposition the splitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users