Double Damage Stim/Responses

5 replies to this topic

#1 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37250 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Does anyone know why the player has two identical Damage Responses set in the player def file?

// The damage response
    "sr_class_2"                    "R"
    "sr_type_2"                        "STIM_DAMAGE"
    "sr_state_2"                    "1"
    "sr_effect_2_1"                    "effect_damage"
    "sr_effect_2_1_arg1"            "_SELF"
    "sr_effect_2_1_arg2"            "atdm:damage_low"

// The damage response
    "sr_class_4"                    "R"
    "sr_type_4"                        "STIM_DAMAGE"
    "sr_state_4"                    "1"
    "sr_effect_4_1"                    "effect_damage"
    "sr_effect_4_1_arg1"            "_SELF"
    "sr_effect_4_1_arg2"            "atdm:damage_low"

Won't this result in the player taking double damage from STIM_DAMAGE entities?

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#2 Snehk

Snehk

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

The class numbers are different, so it shouldn't double the damage taken from STIM_DAMAGE entities. I'm not an expert in how stim-response works though. There's this wiki article that has an example similar to this one in player defs under examples section: Stim/Response Key/Values

I'll check the scripts and engine code tomorrow when I'll have more mind clarity (read: when I'll be sober).

#3 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37250 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

I tested it and the player doesn't receive double damage.  No idea why there are two copies, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#4 Snehk

Snehk

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:55 PM

Kinda as expected. I'll need more time to check the actual code for that - life always finds a way to keep one busy.

It may be due to some hard-coded stim-response part of a script or code used by the game that it needs a second Def.

#5 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

maybe ones for stim damage (gas from a gas arrow cloud) and the other is for drowning damage. (lack of air under water). both would be self inflicted.

#6 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37250 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

maybe ones for stim damage (gas from a gas arrow cloud) and the other is for drowning damage. (lack of air under water). both would be self inflicted.

No, they're both identical. They can't be for different types of stims.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users