35 replies to this topic

#26 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hey Abusimplea,

Yeah, back in the day when you resized static objects (like I did with that table) their collision box didn't get resized as well, so the recommended fix was to make the object non-solid and put in brushes to act as collision.

Like you said, not sure why lockpick behavior would have changed between versions, but if your fix works please go ahead and submit it as a new official version.

And yes dmapping always too a long time for me too!
  • Anderson likes this
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#27 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Like you said, not sure why lockpick behavior would have changed between versions, but if your fix works please go ahead and submit it as a new official version.

At least one more person should test the updated pk4, if it works on their end too.

#28 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

Well, the picks are now properly visible in 2.06/64, all three difficulty settings.

But another minor thing came to my attention, when you approach the table with the first readable crouched, the scroll will highlight, but isn't frobable...

Was the same in the "old" version, but I only noticed that now, after the guard threw rocks at me and I crouched to avoid them (I threw some objects at him, for shit and giggles ;) ).

#29 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:11 PM

But another minor thing came to my attention, when you approach the table with the first readable crouched, the scroll will highlight, but isn't frobable...

The scroll on the small table in front of the fireplace in the room below the spawn point?

#30 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:14 AM

Yes.

#31 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:26 AM

I think that's a more recent TDM feature: you can't read a readable anymore unless you're looking at the front of it.
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#32 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

It`s no big deal at all. Loading this mission makes me want to replay this wonderful mission again. A big thank you :)

• Moonbo likes this

#33 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

It`s no big deal at all. Loading this mission makes me want to replay this wonderful mission again. A big thank you :)

Try to look out for missing tris while replaying. The probability of missing tris has been increased significantly in 2.06. - and i had to dmap after fixing the pick issue.

#34 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

Try to look out for missing tris while replaying. The probability of missing tris has been increased significantly in 2.06. - and i had to dmap after fixing the pick issue.

What's a tris ?

#35 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:52 AM

What's a tris ?

It is a triangle. The whole geometry of a map including everything inside consists of them. If one is missing, you see a triangular hole in the geometry - the black void or whatever is on the other side.

#36 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

Thanks to Goldwell for uploading the fixed Mission to the servers. The update is now available though the ingame downloader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users