Can not download new missions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pwl

pwl

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

I have tried to download new mission within the game and get cannot connect to server.  This started happening after I updated to 2.06.  I know I am connected because I ran the updater again and it says all files up to date and I am now on this Forum typing this.

#2 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

I think fidcal's mirror is having problems.

Go to the missions page and use the download links from Taaaki's mirror.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#3 pwl

pwl

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

The in game down loader is not working it says can not connect to server?  But I can download it from the web sites and it works fine.  I think this started after I used a thumb drive and it changed the drive letter of my solid state hard drive from G: to H:  If this is the case how do I fix it?  Dark mod is on this hard drive and it is still working just fine but the in game down loader does not.

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

I think fidcal's mirror is having problems.

We are down to one mirror then by the sounds of it, I think this would be a goog tike to put feelers out for other mirrors so we dont over load the only one we have.

#5 pwl

pwl

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

Ok I change the drive letters back to what they were but the in game down loader gives me:   Unable to contact mission archive,   Cannot connect to server error

I don't know what has gone wrong with my install.  The game works fine it is just the down loader.   I have look in all of the settings options to no avail.

#6 stgatilov

stgatilov

Lead Programmer

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Downloading missions in-game works fine for me (but only for exe-file which I don't restrict with Windows firewall).

I have tried to copy my TDM 2.06 installation to other drive, and I can still download missions from the copy without problems.

I think you should check to things:

1) That everyone is allowed to write into the directory with TDM installation. If it is write-protected or has restricted permissions, then TDM cannot save downloaded file there, and most likely reports a generic error.

2) Check that you don't have any type of firewall forbiding TDM internet access.

#7 pwl

pwl

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

stgatilov: That was it!  my Norton antivirus for what ever reason was seeing it as a threat???  Just made an exclusion and now it is working Thanks again!!!

• stgatilov likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users