Following on from Springheel's thread for Poor textures I figured we should have thread for models, so what do we mean buy poor models, if we use the model below as an example -
Whats needs fixing -
- mis-aligned textures - on the model above you can see on the front of the mantle face where the brick textures isn't aligned.
- mis-scaled textures - the brick textures are blurred up close - which us highlighed by a patch I placed at the back of the firebox to cover part of the wall-model poking through.
- The poor texture on the upper mantle face - that even in direct light is very dark and show little detail.
Whats not to do -
- change the dimensions - as this may break existing maps that have used that model.
- radically change textures - for the same reason as above, but if unsure ask the team.
- remove hidden/internal shadow mesh - as this directly effect model performance with lit, but if the shadow mesh is poor, ask the team.
Edited by Bikerdude, 30 September 2018 - 07:52 AM.