Photo

Nominate Poor models:

bad model textures poor model texture alignment found a model in need of tlc?

28 replies to this topic

#26 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5681 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

A simple text file that contains a list of deprecated stuff that gets read by DR and can be used to mark the specific assets in question, for example by using a different text color (brown or red for example). In regards to replacing stuff "at some point" I guess it is enough to check whether missions have been updated and if in that case some of the assets in question are not used anymore. This would however only be worthwhile once the list of deprecated assets reaches a length were removing them from the mod would make a noticeable difference in file size, which probably mainly counts for image files anyways, as most other stuff is not that big.

The most important part for now should be to create a list of assets that needs replacement, at least to get an idea of how much we are talking about. Secondly feedback from anyone working on the coding side of DR in regards to possible implementations is needed, otherwise we don't need to discuss this aspect any further. Once we have these things sorted we can specify the details.

Just my oo

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#27 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:49 AM

hmm really? how so..?

• Stone extensions matching the existing brickwork no longer line up. A lower mantle makes non-moveables now hover.
  • In general, changes in form factor or texture alignment could undo what the mapper has done around a model.

Surely as long as the model dimensions aren't changed, we should be able to just replace the model outright. The issue I mentioned in the OP was just to get the textures fixed, which I beleive R-soul has 99% done.

I think I may have to update the OP to clearer about whats reqiured, what cant or can be done etc.

#28 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:31 AM

I think I may have to update the OP to clearer about whats reqiured, what cant or can be done etc.

I have updated the OP, changes and suggestions welcome -

Edited by Bikerdude, 30 September 2018 - 03:44 AM.

#29 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:53 AM

A model with a decal poking through the side of the main model -

- its the old decal over draw issue and the work around is to move the edge of the decal inward away from the side of the model.

ijFiiIH.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users