The Dark Mod Forums

A puzzle for you

MKG

Hello again. I've been a member here for some time but I haven't played TDM for a couple or three years now. There was a point when my newly updated Linux machine simply said no to TDM and I could find nothing which helped. Anyway, my system has become rather complex - I had three Linux machines (two of them laptops) all connected to the net until, a few days ago, my main machine decided it wasn't going to cooperate any longer - it still worked but the onboard (wouldn't you know it) net comms bits had gone to the junkyard in the sky. So, I bought a bargain machine from Amazon, and swapped the hard disks from that machine and the old machine and Bingo! I'm back in business, BUT, that new machine came with Windows 10, and I'm not about to go anywhere near the net with that. So I have a stand-alone Windows machine which is begging to have a go with TDM - if I can get TDM onto it.

So - at last to the point of this. I know I can download the Windows version of TDM on my net-connected Linux machine and then simply transfer it to the new Windows machine. But what about missions? Can I do the same thing with them (ie download to my Linux machine and then transfer them to my Windows machine? I seem to remember an element of automatic installation for missions, which would render it impossible (or, at least, very difficult which, for me, amounts to the same thing).

I really enjoyed TDM when I could get it to work, and I'd love to really enjoy it again. So - help, pretty please.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies