• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

And I think TyroT made that video, didn't he? Or played a big role in its creation? Like he maybe did the clock and the music, and edited the vid, etc. Unless I'm confusing this one with another early trailer that he played a decent role in creating.

Edited by Darkness_Falls, 11 October 2018 - 11:25 PM.

• Anderson likes this

#27 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5401 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:24 PM

i thought another reason was that doom 3 world is dark, and didn't need shadows to be programed in like other engines do because a lot of them start light, and you have to add entities for lights and entities where shadows would go.

That's what I meant by it having a unified light system. All lights work the same way and automatically create dynamic shadows (although hard, but I think we had an idea soft shadows would come eventually, and eventually it did), which is kind of cool for us, the way lighting design is actually part of our gameplay design. I mean, back in 2004 though it was probably more like, "well it's a really dark game. We have a really dark game. Do the math, lol."

• Melan and Anderson like this
Posted Image

#28 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:44 AM

And I think TyroT made that video, didn't he? Or played a big role in its creation? Like he maybe did the clock and the music, and edited the vid, etc. Unless I'm confusing this one with another early trailer that he played a decent role in creating.

The music is by TyroT, not sure about the rest.

• Anderson likes this

#29 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13833 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:00 AM

Tyrot did the music, the fancy animated graphics, and the overall editing. I captured the ingame footage of flying through the city mockup. There is artwork by spring and models by oddity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users