• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

Diego's recommendation of the week*: The Messenger.

Started playing with zero expectations. I had this on my wishlist but I don't remember when I put it there, so I just bought it blind during a sale and started playing. Man, what an amazing surprise I had!

What I'm about to say would be qualified as spoiler in my book but the trailer and the game description on steam seem quite proud to announce it. But I'll put a spoiler tag anyway. Maybe play the game without watching the trailer or reading the description lol that's what I did and I'm glad I did it.

Spoiler

As a snob and picky gamer it's nice to have more than one contender for game of the year. (Return of the Obra Dinn is still ahead)

Should we maybe make a topic just for game suggestions? I played TWO good games this year so I feel like I'm spamming now.

* More like biannual 

#2 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5415 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

I put it on my wishlist so I can get it after I've whittled down my game list. The screenshots don't really sell it, but the "overwhelmingly positive" and the fact you're making a thread just to recommend it say a lot. As for Obra Dinn, my sheer curiosity finally overcame me and I went ahead and bought it and started on it yesterday. Usually I make new games get in the back of the line, but sometimes a game like that can jump to the front.

Posted Image

#3 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

Well, now I'm afraid I oversold it.  :laugh:  But it's cool! I stand by that.

#4 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1608 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

I also bought it (after removing my graphics card due to problems I was looking for a game that is supported by my onboard GPU) and am still quite at the beginning, but so far it is fun to play. I like that the game does not take itself too serious and has a lot of funny comments.

#5 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:57 AM

Do you mean The messenger from sabotage studio?
If so, i love to play a ninja gaiden/shinobi style, once in a while.

(gameplay in the spoiler)
Spoiler

Edited by freyk, 24 November 2018 - 05:58 AM.

#6 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1608 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

Yep, that is the one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users