license gpl creative commons asset flips

126 replies to this topic

#126 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1928 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

i keep my maps on my own website, so if someone alters the ones stored on tdm servers then there's always an unchanged copy elsewhere.

although altering someone elses map without their permission is just wrong in so many ways, unless they are not alive anymore.

#127 duzenko

duzenko

Uber member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2223 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

The admins have discussed the issue and decided, with some regret, that there have been too many complaints about Bikerdude, too many mappers angry at him for inappropriate behaviour, to allow this to continue.  Bikerdude has asked us to ban him on multiple occasions, and today we have agreed to do so.

Ok, what a wonderful start into the new year...

I guess, we have to do something now, as this keeps happening over and over again. I propose we instantiate the following rule:
"Whenever you want to start working on somebodyelse's map or reuse any content created by others, make a public announcement about your intentions and cite any relevant previous communication with other parties regarding this case. The announcement may happen in your own mapping thread or a new dedicated thread, but it should be visible to everybody."

I would assume a mere revoke of the access to missions to be a matching punishment for the offense.

Banning what has recently downgraded to a mere forum user does not make sense to me - unless someone took a moment to make a free New Year present to themselves.

• Abusimplea likes this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: license, gpl, creative commons, asset flips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users