#1 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hi

I have a weird issue with playing the mod. All lights except for the ambient lights are not working. See attached image. This happens in all the missions I tried today.

The light gem doesn't light up and guards cannot see me if i move closer to a light. If I use the lantern the light gem becomes bright but there is no light in my surroundings from the lantern.

So I reinstalled tdm completely and I updated my nvidia geforce drivers but the issue remains unfortunately. Anybody has an idea what causes this?

i1zpdz.jpg

#2 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

Update:

If I use r_showlights 1 I see no lights

But if I use r_showlightcount 1 I get a colourful picture with different lights hitting each surface and if I move closer to a lantern post my light gem will light up. This doesn't happen if I set r_showlights to 0 again 

:blink:

#3 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3444 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

That's very weird. Which version of TDM are you running? What are your specs? Does r_useFBO 0 help?

#4 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

If I set r_useFBO to 0 the FPS goes down to 1 fps but there is no change in the visuals

#5 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

So I am playing TDM 2.06 on a windows 7 notebook with latest windows 7 updates. It's an acer aspire 5750G with intel core i5 with 6GB of memory and a NVIDIA geforce GT 520M for which i downloaded the latest updates

#6 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:35 AM

Since you have a clean install, deleting darkmod.cfg shouldn't do much, but you might try that anyway. I think another user had similar problem lately, but can't find it.

Btw. what's your TDM install path? If possible, make it as simple as you can.

#7 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Ok so I deleted darkmod.cfg and started the game again but the issue remains.

My install path is C:\Games\TDM. It was in program files before but I moved it since i had some read-only issues in the program files folder. But both before and after I moved it I had this issue

#8 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:20 AM

Since you have a notebook, does it use this dual card setup? Like Intel integrated something + nvidia chip? I remember TDM had trouble with detecting my nvidia card sometimes, so I went to nvidia control panel and made a 3d settings profile for TDM, changing OpenGL rendering card option from Automatic to my nvidia card model.

• Flanders, HMart and nbohr1more like this

#9 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Yessss that fixed it! I set the 'preferred graphics processor' to 'high performance NVIDIA processor' instead of 'auto-select' and it worked. The lights are back on. Thank you so much.

Somehow I did get a deja-vu feeling of some sorts, like I had this or a similar issue before and fiddling in the nvidia control panel fixed the issue... It must have been some time ago since I cannot quite remember what it was exactly.

• STiFU, Judith, HMart and 1 other like this

#10 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

This does bring to light that TDM engine needs a way to detect the principal GPU better in laptops, based on my search it seems you just use this exports in the engine for that.

extern "c"
{
   __declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x01;
   __declspec(dllexport) DWORD AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance = 0x01; 
}

Edited by HMart, 02 January 2019 - 01:22 PM.

#11 stgatilov

stgatilov

Lead Programmer

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

This does bring to light that TDM engine needs a way to detect the principal GPU better in laptops, based on my search it seems you just use this exports in the engine for that.

extern "c"
{
   __declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x01;
   __declspec(dllexport) DWORD AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance = 0x01; 
}

I suggest filing a feature request.

If you add links, it would be great.

#12 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

I suggest filing a feature request.
If you add links, it would be great.

Don't know if I did it correctly (or in the right place) but like you suggested i made a feature proposal in the bugtracker for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia, no lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users