Fan Mission Ideas Megathread

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Taquito.

Taquito.

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Mission Idea: The cursed Clavichord. (This mission needs this particular asset).

30lmpz9.jpg

Spoiler

So this Mission would require a Clavichord to be made but I think this would be a great asset as well for future FMs.

• chakkman likes this

#27 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5474 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

That would be a nice asset to have and not too hard to make as it's pretty boxy. It's just the textures that make it look so nice.

• Taquito. likes this
Posted Image

#28 Taquito.

Taquito.

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

clave1.jpg

Or even more boxy like an old Piano. But Clavichords sounds very obsolete and depressing which is perfect for TDM. 

Hopefully this serves as inspiration. :P

• Petike the Taffer likes this

#29 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:11 PM

You know what we're really missing ? Some proper museum heist mission, akin to the Wieldstrom Museum in TDS. I love that mission ("Still Life with Blackjack"). One of the finest in the original Thief games. I've often felt they left the best for last, as far as traditional heist missions go. That museum is just awesome, and though people give The Cradle a lot of praise for atmosphere and unease, I think the museum mission is one of the best "get in and steal methodically" heist levels of the series (along with the bank mission in TMA). Though I've liked the museum in the older FM Broken Triad, it was a bit smaller. Imagine a reasonably sprawling museum map (tough to enter at first, but worthwhile) in TDM.

#30 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Or even more boxy like an old Piano. But Clavichords sounds very obsolete and depressing which is perfect for TDM. 
Hopefully this serves as inspiration. :P

And to create some music for it is easy:
search for a midi song you like, import the midi to LMMS, use instrument "harpichords01.ogg" for the tones and record to ogg.

Edited by freyk, 31 January 2019 - 01:53 PM.

• Taquito. likes this

#31 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

You know what we're really missing ? Some proper museum heist mission, akin to the Wieldstrom Museum in TDS. I love that mission ("Still Life with Blackjack"). One of the finest in the original Thief games. I've often felt they left the best for last, as far as traditional heist missions go. That museum is just awesome, and though people give The Cradle a lot of praise for atmosphere and unease, I think the museum mission is one of the best "get in and steal methodically" heist levels of the series (along with the bank mission in TMA). Though I've liked the museum in the older FM Broken Triad, it was a bit smaller. Imagine a reasonably sprawling museum map (tough to enter at first, but worthwhile) in TDM.

Hm, I like the idea. I am currently working on a mini-mini campaign, comprising of two missions. The idea was inspired by the Sly games, in which you usually have a couple of missions simply preparing the great heist. I am planning on having a first mission, in which you prepare to enter a building (and maybe get a couple of other boni) and performing the heist in the second mission. I am still working on the first and had firt planned some sort of mansion as the second, which I later changed to a church, but the idea of a museum intrigues me... I think I will adapt this and make the second mission a museum. Now I have "only" to finish the first one.

Edited by Destined, 31 January 2019 - 01:55 PM.

#32 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

What sort of things would be in the museum? Stuffed Belchers? Preserved Zombie Corpses? Steambeasts on display? Stuffed Manbeasts? Magical Artifacts? Fine art and statues, pagan relics, historical objects, armor from the barbarian horselords, a stuffed sea monster hanging from the ceiling...

#33 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9424 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

What do you think of the Museum in Sir Taff's campaign?

http://forums.thedar...thief-campaign/

• Petike the Taffer likes this
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#34 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

What do you think of the Museum in Sir Taff's campaign?

http://forums.thedar...thief-campaign/

Good point. I'll have to try it out.

#35 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5474 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

I don't know about a museum per se, but I like heist FMs that are in sprawling & highly secured institutions, where you have to methodically plan and make your way into & through the place.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users