• 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

Will DarkRadiant run on Linux ??

#2 Amadeus

Amadeus

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

Looks like there are a couple builds for Ubuntu and Debian: https://www.darkradiant.net/

#3 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Edited by freyk, 08 April 2019 - 01:43 AM.

#4 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7648 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Yes it does. If you are using Ubuntu or Debian, you can install it straight from the package manager with sudo apt install darkradiant.

#5 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:25 AM

Sorry for hijacking the thread but where is Greebo? I hope he is ok and just decided to retire.  And has DR stopped development? I don't see a roadmap for it anymore. :( 

#6 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7648 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:17 AM

Greebo officially retired several years ago, although he does occasionally pop up and do some work on DarkRadiant for his own personal pleasure.

I still make some minor improvements to DarkRadiant but nothing on the scale of what Greebo was doing (actually this was true even when I was working on it more actively — nobody could keep up with the insane amount of work Greebo did). If and when Greebo wants to put out a new release I will ask if he wants to pull in changes from my repository, since I'm not currently set up to produce releases on Windows.

#7 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

Ok thanks for the info, didn't realized that he add retired years ago, he was still posting on the forum, sporadically but still posting, but nice to know he is ok.

DR is a nice tool so you and Greebo can be proud of the work. Even if it doesn't evolve further but really I hope that never comes to pass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users