The Dark Mod Forums

T2x Downloading. :)

sparhawk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm very excited to check this out. I'm currently downloading at about 210KB/sec from this site: http://www.thief-universe.com/de/

(Although I don't know German, something jumped out at me on that page ;) There was a link that said:

"Update: Thief2X: Shadows Of The Metal Age Download" (http://81.169.140.87/downloads/fms/thief2x/t2x_setup.exe)

This one is much faster than the other T2X link I found over at http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=T2X. That one uses Torrent and I was only getting 1KB or 2KB per sec on a cable modem. Weird. Oh well, I found the faster download site, that's all that I care about ;)

EDIT: Darn, down to 136KB/sec now. Has been dropping. Oh well, 62% complete. Another 30 minutes maybe.

Edited by Darkness_Falls

BitTorrent is kinda lame. Hardly any good documentation on the BitTorren site explaining what it is; or info is just hard to find. For ppl who have never used it before and want to know how it works or why you get slow download speeds at first, or why you can sometimes hit pause and then start to get faster download speeds, etc., they could have a better introduction on their website.

LOL, I could do that oDD. But am getting 450KB/sec transfer rate while using DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) from the non-BitTorrent site now. I'll just do that. Dang, it's screaming along. I've never had 480KB/sec download speeds, but I'm getting it now (as it fluctuates between 450-480; average being about 470). If it keeps this speed, which it has solidly for the first few minutes, I'll be done in about 20 minutes! And resume is supported if it stops mid-way thru. Good luck downloading, all.

Edited by Darkness_Falls

I hit the BitTorrent pause button when it was at like 30KB/sec'ish. A few seconds later, I hit the play button and it jumped to like 80KB/sec. In the end, though, it was much more worth it for me to just download it from here: http://81.169.140.87/downloads/fms/thief2x/t2x_setup.exe. The 380KB/sec that I got lasted thru the entire download. Not sure if DAP helped it get so high, tho (http://www.speedbit.com/). I'm running DAP 5.0. Not sure if it's still free or if there's anything to worry about when downloading their latest 7.0 version, but I've had success with DAP. Is nice, especially since it supports resuming if the connection gets lost.

It depends. Could be that people switch off their machine over night. two hours ago some reported 300KB downloads.

That's the thing; I was downloading two hours ago, still on 30kb/s. Looking at the 'peer list', most are getting 100+ while the lower 1/3 are getting less. I'm near the bottom somewhere. :lol:

Oh well, by the time I get up it might have downloaded. Not that there's any hurry, anyway. But the hype! :ph34r:

That's the thing; I was downloading two hours ago, still on 30kb/s. Looking at the 'peer list', most are getting 100+ while the lower 1/3 are getting less. I'm near the bottom somewhere. :lol:

Oh well, by the time I get up it might have downloaded. Not that there's any hurry, anyway. But the hype! :ph34r:

Could be your firewall. Sometimes Bit Torrent requires some ports to be opened up to get a good speed. Just something I've seen reported online.

I downloaded it from thief-universe with a download manager and it worked really fine. always around 128kb/s which is my max. downloadspeed.

I'm now at the 3rd mission. ghosting everything on difficulty hard and it's quite fun B)

however I hope the missions will get more difficult later - it's quite uncommon that I can find about 90% of the total loot when ghosting, when you consider that I even had to leave some stuff, because I didn't want to break any windows....

Edited by BlackThief

Could be your firewall. Sometimes Bit Torrent requires some ports to be opened up to get a good speed. Just something I've seen reported online.

Unless you have a QOS manager running this can not be the firewall. Obviously it works as he IS downloading something, only the speed is not up to par. If the firewall wouold be the problem, he should have no downloads at all. ;)

Gerhard