The Dark Mod Forums

Finished University!

Macsen

I just had my last University exam. It was shite, but I'm still happy overall. :lol:

Now, like New Horizon, I will have a certificate showing that I can do something I'm already perfectly competent at, and have been doing for a few years already. Woo! :ph34r:

Now what am I going to do with the rest of my life? :)

Congrats. WHats your course?

I have another year (possibly more if my suporvisor doesnt come back from austrailia) on my P.H.D.

Got my BA (honours) framed, but for some reason my mother wouldnt let my hang it in the toliet :lol:

BA in Journalism at Cardiff University.

I thought about doing a postgraduate course, and maybe a PHD. It depends on how well I do with this degree. I'll probably end up never using it and doing something completely different... like ostrich farming? :o

Congrats on being a Bachelor of Science, Redface.

We can make the Imperium credits roll look much more impressive with all kinds of interesting letters behind our names! Alexius will probably have graduated too by the time we finish. :lol:

Some random thoughts on finishing University, best vomited out somewhere.

Doing nothing is only fun if you have something you're supposed to be doing. This devious satisfaction kept me going through three years of university. Now, a mere six hours after my final exam, I'm feeling bored as a hamster who's just figured out where his wheel goes. Not even the celebratory tankard of cider on my desk can lift me above the sluggish grey smog of my benumbed tedium.

My three years at Cardiff University are at an end, and rather than being propelled forward through my wind swept life I feel ingloriously deflated. The pigs ear I made of my final exam has not helped; like a gymnast stumbling foolishly at the end of a triple somersault. What I need is comfort, a feathery pillow to fall back on... the deaden cornerstone of my life has been removed and replaced with the soggy sponge of uncertainty.

I don't really know what I'm waiting for. In a few weeks I'll get the adjudication back for my novel Ar Ddelw Dyn, and then I can finally finish it off. In the meantime I've got Mordicai: Unben Mall o Dwr y Penglog to finish, an english novel about an Egyptian detective in a gangsterpunk prohibition American city to fiddle with, the Welsh translation of the Call of Cthulhu film to fix up, a proposed TV series for a Welsh television channel to plow on with, and readables and conversations for two video games to pull out of my ear, a sluggish and distracting process which is also strangely enjoyable. I've got plenty to do... but at the moment I have very little coal burning in my boiler.

A woman is screaming outside. Probably being raped... she's stopped now. I would feel concerned if not so numb to the outside world. Whether this is ennui or the cider taking effect I'll probably never know.

I don't like monologues, unless the leading actor speaks aside to the audience in a laboriously Machiavellian manner.

What I'm really looking forward to now is the Eisteddfod. This is what the entire yearly cycle of Welsh language culture comes down to. A pagan festival set in a big field over a single week; it basically does what it says on the tin. The only thing I have keeping me going until then is the magazine I'm editing, which will feature copious amounts of speculation as to the direction this festival will take. I really, really love it.

Hey congrats on finishing! Try to sit back and relax a bit before you get into the inevitable existential angst!

If you want to go back to wasting time, while having something to do, there's always postgraduate school. In fact that pretty much describes what I'm doing right at this moment!

:lol: @ Demigod and the BA in the toilet. I got my SB (for some reason my school didn't like to call it a BS...) framed, and had brought it over to my current appartment in a suitcase. I unpacked most of my stuff, looked at the diploma and thought: I guess the normal thing to do would be... hang this on a wall... or something. Two years later, it's still sitting at the bottom of that suitcase. :)

You writers and poets. Why are you always so negative and dramatic.

At least hold off killing yourself till the mod is done.

Don't worry, I enjoy life too much to kill myself. I'm just suffering from a lack of direction at the moment, though I still have a ridicilous amount of work to do.

I just had my last University exam. It was shite, but I'm still happy overall. :lol:

COngratulations! :)

Now what am I going to do with the rest of my life? :)

Yeah. I know that feeling. You were busy all the time with it, and now suddenly it's gone. But don't worry. You will find something new. :)

Gerhard

I guess I'm the only person here who didn't spend any of his time poncing around at university?

Nope, I had my education in the real world, which is probably why we don't agree on much.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Nope, I had my education in the real world, which is probably why we don't agree on much.

The 'real world'? Would that be the backwards, uncivilized, narrow minded world that lies beyond the walls of this great University? Luckily those apes that live outside need a NUS card to get in here...

• 1 month later...