The Dark Mod Forums

New Screenshots For The Webpage

Renzatic

I whipped these up right fast cuz I thought we could use a few more shots for the website. I decided to stretch out the texture window to give it a nice cinematic widescreen (everyone loves a good widescreen shot) and threw in one of the old lightgem drawings to give it an ingame look.

lol, I had to go to the old boards to find the lightgem I had in mind...it was a blast reading through all the old posts and seeing how far we've come in just a couple of months.

Anyway...on with the show. This is my semi finished art gallery, what originally started out as quickly built room designed to help Springheel test out his textures turned into a 500 brush monster that's probably one of the better maps I've done in awhile. I dunno if I like the angle of the screenshot too much, but eh...I've already doctored it up.

Oh yeah, I also added a specular to the beige wall, which improved it considerably.

The Gallery

And the tried and true basement shot with a slight specular added to the wall texture. I'd replace the old basement shot on the webpage with this one.

The Basement

Also, see if DeepOmega wants to post his newer Thief model up in place of the old one. The face, along with the smoother look, is worth the update.

Neither, the wood floor in the basement is one that I made. Your cleaner floor texture is in the bedroom at the moment, I'm redoing alot of that map so that it looks a bit better.

But now that I think about it your dingy wood floor could look pretty good in the basement...hmm...I'll try that out tomorrow.

And the gallery shot has been updated yet again cuz I'm really anal rententive about making sure everything looks it's absolute coolest.