The Dark Mod Forums

German ?

Garret

Hi there

I'm from germany and my english is usually quite good. Just wanted to ask if you could have need of a translator once in a while, either for translatin manual or whatever into german or the other way around. Until now I've translated the Far Cry Manual so I've got a bit of experience.

And one other thing...I love your mod up to now. The last Thief game sucked and I realy hope you can bring back the old style. Especially Rope Arrows ;-)

• 1 month later...

Do you love to count? (hehe)

Actually our guy in charge of voice acting (New Horizon) is doing it all in house with his colection of local voice actors so he can control and obtain a uniform level of quality. He's not accepting applications - thankyou for your interest though, its always good to see.

i don't think Tim's doing any other languages though. So i guess once the project is out it'd be great to see people banding together to make voices in other languages. I'm Czech, so i don't expect to see any Czech voices anyways, but some other common languages such as German might be good for the German-nonenglishspeaking fans.

i don't think Tim's doing any other languages though. So i guess once the project is out it'd be great to see people banding together to make voices in other languages. I'm Czech, so i don't expect to see any Czech voices anyways, but some other common languages such as German might be good for the German-nonenglishspeaking fans.

I'm making my actors learn Spanish, German, French, Italian and Chinese for the voice sets.

*cries* :angry: Fine then! be that way! :P

Nah, i thought you meant that they'd only have to read out pre-written lines (and know the language's accent) though i thought you were being sarcastic. Just that you did'nt put any :) or :P or :laugh: so i got tricked :rolleyes:

gah i feel stooopid. Damn you Tim!!!

*cries* :angry: Fine then! be that way! :P

Nah, i thought you meant that they'd only have to read out pre-written lines (and know the language's accent) though i thought you were being sarcastic. Just that you did'nt put any :) or :P or :laugh: so i got tricked :rolleyes:

gah i feel stooopid. Damn you Tim!!!

Heh...you think it's bad online? Just imagine what I put people through in real life? :laugh: I get far too much enjoyment from delivering completely 'deadpan' serious lines, on the most serious topics. You all think I'm nice huh? BWAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA!

Actually, I'll run this idea by you guys and see what you think. I was contemplating how completely talentless I am the other day and how I can't even play guitar well enough to go busking and make a few extra dollars. Then a revelation hit me...what if I could use that lack of talent to my advantage? ;) Here's the concept. I'm going to buy a really crappy acoustic guitar and loosen the tuning keys so they keep slipping after strumming for around five minutes...we're talking about the guitar going very out of tune...I'll probably keep the E string tight so I can use it to retune easily though. ;) The gag is that I will blame the cold and keep needing to stop in the middle of songs to retune, I'll become flustered, cry...curse..you name it. It will all be in the name of performance art. I will also do it in disguise, so that I look like I'm homeless. I figure I'll either be avoided...or get mercy money. Seriously a sign that I've had too much time on my hands recently but I think it would be fun as hell.

Probably in the region of $10 million, but first you need their bank details and a $5000 fee for "administrative costs".

yep, and the best part is that all of you fans will be paying it, not us, see we install a secret spyware which basically sends a cheque in your name to these guys, so merry christmas :)

:P

• 4 weeks later...