Some Medieval Photos

8 replies to this topic

#1 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:05 AM

I'm moving to Newcastle next week, so I wanted to get some decent texture picks before I left. These are from Caernarfon, an old town based around a Roman fort and the castle of Edward I. :)

There are pictures of old books in a library (I gave up on that after attracting a few stares), the windows and doors of various cathedrals, some interesting stained glass windows, some pub signs and windows, and a lot of stone walls.

Here it is (21 megs)

#2 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13808 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

I'm moving to Newcastle next week, so I wanted to get some decent texture picks before I left. These are from Caernarfon, an old town based around a Roman fort and the castle of Edward I. :)

There are pictures of old books in a library (I gave up on that after attracting a few stares), the windows and doors of various cathedrals, some interesting stained glass windows, some pub signs and windows, and a lot of stone walls.

Here it is (21 megs)

Nice Pics. :) I think some should work out nicely.

#3 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:28 PM

Thanks! :) I'll try to do more once I reach Newcastle (I'm guessing from the name that there's at least one medieval building there).

#4 Subjective Effect

Subjective Effect

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

Durham is a great place for pics Masen. The cathedral and the castle and even the streets of the city center.
I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

#5 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

Durham is a great place for pics Masen. The cathedral and the castle and even the streets of the city center.

Yes I passed Durham in the train at night while going to a interview. I saw at least three cathedrals/castles just in a short blink as i hurtled past. :blink:

I'm taking my camera anyway, but I'll wait to see if my efforts are useful at all before going on another extended expedition.

#6 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

I have a lot of new photos from around Newcastle but every time I try to upload them to the FTP the upload fails in the last few seconds. I've tried removing some pictures to make the zip file smaller but it still fails all the same. Any idea why this is?

#7 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Downloaded and inspired. Excellent pics, Mac. ;)

#8 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

Those pics are crap compared to the ones I have now. But... I... can't... upload... them!

#9 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:28 AM

Why don't you upload them on imageshack? How many are they?
Gerhard

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users