sparhawk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Support?

Well not banning their guild, that'd be a start. (Heard about that on Eurogamer).

I get you now Oddity. How are the thief hands looking? They hairy and butch or quite slim and delicate (a surgeon's/vet's/thief hands, helps them do their job). If fairly unmasculin, quite asexual you only need the voices.

Personally I do not like these "exclusive minority" things at all. At uni there was a whole load of this, particularly with "women's societies" which were supposed to help with equality in some way.

People don't seem to understand that having an exclusive society for a minority group (and women were not even much of a minority in my college, about 35% I think) is actually more discriminatory than doing nothing at all.

Why, because WOW is not a forum for political statements, or because "homos are eeevil"?

The first reason. When I play a game I want to play a game and enjoy it. I don't want to get political 'education' in the disguise of "openmindedness". I also don't run around and advertise that I'm hetero. If gays are gay, that's ok, but they don't need to run around and tell it everybody, essentially forcing it on others. I had a girlfirend who had many friends who were gay, and I liked some of them and some of them not. But it didn't matter for me wether they were gay or not.

Gerhard

They seem to forget that the reason they are a minorty is becasue they are rare and unusual, and can't expect everyone else to waste time and money exclusively catering for them.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I heard they only banned it just to avoid controversy from the public.

Which is a good reason. But it doesn't matter, because they got it nevertheless. It doesn't matter what you do. If you allow it, then you get complaints from one set of idiots, and if you dissallow it you get complaints from the other set of idiots.

Gerhard

People don't seem to understand that having an exclusive society for a minority group (and women were not even much of a minority in my college, about 35% I think) is actually more discriminatory than doing nothing at all.

This reminds me a lot of my mother. My mother was blind (she became blind when I was about 10 from diabetes). She complained a lot that people always tried to take special care of here, just because she was blind. It's ok if you help them over the street or such things, but in many cases it's more insulting to give them special treatment then not. For example: When she talked to people and it happend frequently that they said something out of habit like "Did you watch the movie yesterday on TV?" and then they immediately said "Oh! Pardon, I meant wether you listened to it." Apparently they thought it considerate, but my mother lways felt it quite insulting, because it always gave here the feeling as if she were a freak bacuse of the blindness. And also all the other blind people said similar. I always stalked to them just as if they were seeing poeple, and didn't avoid such phrases because it always felt much more awkward. There are some rules that you need to know, but it shouldn't go out of proportion.

Gerhard

I love the way it's become almost cool to be gay these days'.

It's just a genetic flaw ffs, you don't hear people going around boasting because they're colourblind and proud of it..

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Exactly; that's why I try to join women's-only gyms whenever I get the chance. Well, that and the boobs.

Yes, heterosexuality and homosexuality are genetic flaws. :rolleyes: Bisexuality, on the other hand, is FREEDOM BABY YEAH!!!

Heterosexuality is normal for the species, as far as nature is concerned, virtually the only point of any species is to reproduce, and homosexuality is not conducive to that - just the opposite - so it is a genetic defect, and bisexuality is a lifestyle choice made by members of the first two groups.

Gays ought to be glad that it's been discovered they're actually mutated freaks, it means they are accepted in society much more than in the past, when it was thought they were just depraved weirdos who made the deliberate decision to fuck each other in the ass.

- Emil Zola

character models site

and bisexuality is a lifestyle choice made by members of the first two groups.

I wish.

If I could choose to be bisexual I would, not just because of the flexibility but also because women tend to annoy the crap out of me.

It's something you have to gradually get into through experimentation, you can't wake up one morning and decide to be one.

The vast majority are homosexuals who gravatate towards women rather than heterosexuals who decide they'd ike in the ass for a change.

- Emil Zola

character models site

It's something you have to gradually get into through experimentation, you can't wake up one morning and decide to be one.

The vast majority are homosexuals who gravatate towards women rather than heterosexuals who decide they'd ike in the ass for a change.

end this line of discussion right now. I am extremly offended by it and disagree on many points but the main point is discussing it is not only off topic but just plain offensive to many people, get back on topic or don't talk about it please.

I'm in yur forumz,

Makin' them frobbable.

I say what's right, no matter who's offended by it. THe fault always lies with the offendee, never the supposed offender.

Go to NH if you want someone who'll say any nonsense as long as it makes him sound like a modern, cool, cosmopolitan, politically correct nice guy.

- Emil Zola

character models site

end this line of discussion right now. I am extremly offended by it and disagree on many points but the main point is discussing it is not only off topic but just plain offensive to many people, get back on topic or don't talk about it please.

HAHAHA :laugh: Nice one, but you forgot the smilie ;)

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

I don't particularly care about causing offense, but this IS way off topic. Anyone determined to get into it, do so in the off-topic forum.

Go to NH if you want someone who'll say any nonsense as long as it makes him sound like a modern, cool, cosmopolitan, politically correct nice guy.

Heh, hardly oDD. Like you, I just speak my mind. It just happens that our minds don't speak the same language. Hmmm, politically correct...me? Hah! If you only knew me in real life my good man...you've got nothing on me. I could lay a line of the verbose that would make even YOUR winkie retreat like a turtle.

Ahh, so you're actually an active member of the neo-nazis in real life, and your persona here is all a big act?

I often suspect that of all moderators.

THe job advertising for a moderator is essentially 'wanted: facsist thought-police'

- Emil Zola

character models site

Urm well I'd just like to say I think the WOW thing is different because you can roleplay. It's an RPG. Blokes pretend to be women and vice versa, so it's not necessarily disciminatory in a negative way. Just pretend to be gay.

I also think you should try to watch what your saying a bit guys, really because you're being quite inaccurate.

What I know about genetics and mutations and stuff is from reading Mutants by Armand Leroi.

For a start it's not really known exactly what the causes of sexuality are, it's probably a bit of a mix between environment and genetics, but a "gay gene" has not been found.

In Mutants he concludes that red hair and pale skin, proper Scottish features, are probably a mutation rather than a polymorphism because of a) the rarity and B) the fact it's not really useful.

Homo/bisexuality is a lot more common, and widespread among humans across the world, so is probably a polymorphism. However from evolutionary terms it's hard to see much of a utilty/reason for it, and a reason why we still have it, other than maybe it's a result of recessive genes and multiple factors so crops up from heterosexual parents.

But you'd think there must be some advantage in it otherwise we wouldn't have a variety of sexualities.

And you can't chose your sexuality. It just is. I'd imagine if you are bisexual you find yourselves attracted to both genders.

If you are heterosexual you don't chose to find you eyes drawn to women do you? You don't chose to love people of the opposite gender, or get excited with them?

Heterosexuality is normal for the species, as far as nature is concerned, virtually the only point of any species is to reproduce, and homosexuality is not conducive to that - just the opposite - so it is a genetic defect, and bisexuality is a lifestyle choice made by members of the first two groups.

Gays ought to be glad that it's been discovered they're actually mutated freaks, it means they are accepted in society much more than in the past, when it was thought they were just depraved weirdos who made the deliberate decision to fuck each other in the ass.

The very fact that homo- and bisexuallity is so widespread in nature, and persisting since eons, means that there is more behind it, than just a "wrong" gene. If that were the case, it would have been lon erradicated.

Gerhard