TDM - What Are You Working On?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Mike

Mr Mike

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

Well it's pretty much dead in here for what ever reason so I thought maybe it'd be nice to have a discussion of what people are working on. Be it a campaign or just something cool you've created in Doomedit...

I don't really have anything to show you guys right now. Only just started using the editor in the last few days and scanning through some Natural Trust books I've aquired to get some inspiration for architecture. Messing with various arrchways and structures... maybe I'll take some shots in the week :)

So, what are you guys planning?

#2 ascottk

ascottk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:47 PM

Well it's pretty much dead in here for what ever reason so I thought maybe it'd be nice to have a discussion of what people are working on. Be it a campaign or just something cool you've created in Doomedit...

I don't really have anything to show you guys right now. Only just started using the editor in the last few days and scanning through some Natural Trust books I've aquired to get some inspiration for architecture. Messing with various arrchways and structures... maybe I'll take some shots in the week :)

So, what are you guys planning?

It's dead on the outside but it's a totally different story on the inside B) I'd rather not give anything away so I'll just say the wait will be worth it x 10 ;)

#3 Mr Mike

Mr Mike

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:52 PM

Heh, I wasn't too clear in my first post really.

What i mean was, we know you guys are busy doing what you do, a search on the doom3world forums gives quite a few clues to how things are going ;) I was merely appealing to non group members who are interested in using the tools upon release... to hear their ideas :)

#4 angua

angua

Assistant Lead Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1003 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

So just that you know I've not been sitting around doing nothing, I'll show you some of my work (which did, in fact, involve a lot of Sitting Around but not much of Doing Nothing)

More architecture
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

some new textures
Posted Image

a light emitting gemstone
Posted Image

and a new skull
Posted Image
which took me the last 4 weeks :rolleyes: . I'm currently working on his teeth...

#5 Mr Mike

Mr Mike

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Holy shit, that's looking cool! :)

Keep up the good work B)

#6 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:14 AM

Nice work. The images are a bit dark, so I have to wait untiul evening to fully appreciate them. :) What I can see looks good though.
Gerhard

#7 Capela

Capela

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:53 AM

For now just an image what will be the city.

My Webpage

#8 bob_arctor

bob_arctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:45 AM

Doing a bit of a city, with snow on the ground. Slowed down now I'm at uni. I'll post a few shots.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Ombrenuit

Ombrenuit

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

I'm getting some seriously nostalgic feelings already

#10 OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7641 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

Bob, you know you can take screenshots from within the game, by typing "screenshot" at the console?

You get much better results that taking screen grabs of the editor preview window.

#11 bob_arctor

bob_arctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

The map's not sealed or anything. It's far easier to just take piccies from the editor preview window.

#12 squill

squill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

Bob, you know you can take screenshots from within the game, by typing "screenshot" at the console?

You get much better results that taking screen grabs of the editor preview window.

even quicker is F11 :)

#13 woah

woah

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

I'm longing for a nostalgic Thief experience again. Everything looks superb, and I've recently ventured into the screenshots section and stumbled across some alluring map screen shots. From what I can gather, they really seem to capture the mood in a perfection that I did not expect.

Out of curiousity, will The Dark Mod feature the atmospheric "entrance noise" that is played when the player enters a mission, or at least something very similar to it? Or will the map makers need to enable this themselves? It really sets the mood.

#14 Komag

Komag

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

That sort of thing would be up to each individual map author, although such a sound effect will be probably be available for use in the core editing package.
Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7463 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

Out of curiousity, will The Dark Mod feature the atmospheric "entrance noise" that is played when the player enters a mission, or at least something very similar to it? Or will the map makers need to enable this themselves? It really sets the mood.

Of course :)

#16 Gaetane

Gaetane

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

Here are my first attempts. For the moment I learn how Darkradiant manages the architecture and the lights. It's my first step with this editor. Do not look at excess near the textures alignment or the lighting effect, I still have things about them to learn.

I would like to make a mini mission to understand how the editor works with the AIs, Objectives, triggers possibility, etc.

In fact what you're seeing is is my base of test :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Komag

Komag

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:34 PM

Looks like you're the woman for the job! Those wimpy test shots already look great!
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 PinkDot

PinkDot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Wow, especially first screenshot is beautiful! It's simple but very atmospheric. I'm pretty sure we can expect very good maps made by you in soon future!

#19 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13902 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

All I can say is. WOW! :) That's fantastic for a first attempt. I love it.

#20 SneaksieDave

SneaksieDave

QA Lead

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10125 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Good lord! Quick learner??

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Now that's an advertisement for TDM!

#21 Huckeye

Huckeye

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

Very nice! Good work.

#22 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16055 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

I just want to chime in here, good shots!

#23 PinkDot

PinkDot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

There were only three shots while I was writing my post, so it's nice surprise to see them more. :)
I just want to add, that I like your screenshots, cause you treat them like photography - you think about composition and light while taking them. F.e. that one with guard and chair in the foreground.

#24 Vadrosaul

Vadrosaul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Very good. This mod is a magnet for talent :)
Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

#25 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

In fact what you're seeing is is my base of test :)

Your first test, eh? :blink:

I could cry, because they are so beautiful. :) I could spend months and still wouldn't manage to get something as this, out of the editor. I'm really glad you joined. :)
Gerhard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users