The Dark Mod Forums

Not A Ttlg Slagging Thread...but I Just Have To Say Something.

New Horizon

I think some users here need a serious reality check.

TTLG is "going down the drain?" Does anyone really think when the Dark Mod is finished, people will be posting here about FMs created with it? No way, they'll be posting in the TTLG FM forum. And eventually, TTLG will create a editors forum for Doom3 and all the FM authors will post there.

The Hammerite Imperium failed because TTLG didn't give it a forum? Come on. There have been dozens of postings on TTLG by Immperium people looking for help. Yet no one responds. Might it be possible that no one cares about the Imperium?

And the reason that Dave and GBM will not ban Digi for whatever he did is because they CAN'T. He is the freakin' owner of the board!

If you all think that everyone from TTLG is going to just flock over here because of a few bannings of people like Komag, you're living in fantasy world. Wake up. Not going to happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But personally I'm glad TTLG is going down the drain - it's about time the Thief community 'shed its skin'. A few people in a small clique have had a monopoly on the thief fan community for too long. It's telling that the more creative 'outside' projects like the Dark Mod don't even get a forum there - the admins are only interested in the projects they and their chums are making. As a consequence some projects have been parched of fan community interest and have withered on the vine (Hammerite Imperium, for example). TTLG did its job, but now it's time for the old guard to move over.
AMEN! :D

Oh...The Hammerite Imperium isnt dead...I hear someone is helping to patch up Mission 1.... B)

I dont fear the dark...the dark fears me!

TTLG is "going down the drain?" Does anyone really think when the Dark Mod is finished, people will be posting here about FMs created with it? No way, they'll be posting in the TTLG FM forum. And eventually, TTLG will create a editors forum for Doom3 and all the FM authors will post there.

It's worth considering that all the information and advice needed to create fan missions will be on this forum, since this is where the people who have made the mod and understand how it works hang out. It's also worth considering that non-thief fans who discover the Dark Mod are much more likely to come to this forum than TTLG, especially since 1.) this is the official site and first google hit for 'Dark Mod', 2.) TTLG or LGS don't really have anything to do with the Dark Mod, unless they want to retitle themselves Sneaky-Games-R'-Us, 3.) TTLG is an unwelcoming and intimidating forum for new members.

The Hammerite Imperium failed because TTLG didn't give it a forum? Come on.

HI didn't fail because it wasn't given a forum, but the all round lack of attention given to it on the TTLG news website and forum, as the premier sources of Thief information, certainly didn't help. They managed to hype T2X and COSAS to the moon and back, so surely they could have spared a few mentions for HI. The sole reason for doing so seemed to be their personal dislike for one of the team leaders.

All this anti-TTLG talk isn't exactly helping matters to any direction here. I know at least a few seasoned dromed veterans that have stated their disinterest in helping the mod due to the recent events and frankly I can't blame them. I'm seeing some slight but sure splintering in the community which doesn't benefit anyone. Whatever your opinions of the TTLG admins may be, the fact stands that it's the biggest international Thief community there is and I can't see aggressive comments like the recent ones to eventually result in anything besides alienating a significant portion of the community.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS

I know at least a few seasoned dromed veterans that have stated their disinterest in helping the mod due to the recent events...

The reasoning behind that is probably that the "recent events" show we're dysfunctional or something, and so TDM will fail and so there's no point helping us.

But of course that idea will rapidly change when the thing is actually released and waiting for people to make missions for it :)

I guess I'm the kind of person who thinks along the lines of "the less people upset the better". There are some things I don't like about TTLG and then there are parts which I really like, I don't really want TDM to be considered the "outcasts" of TTLG. Blech i'm blabbering again :wacko: .....tired....

Well, neither this thread...nor recent events have anything to do with the mod...they have to do with 'opinion' and I would certainly hope that any seasoned vets would use their better judgement to differentiate between the mod and personal opinion. :)

Regardless of whether or not we agree with the inner workings of TTLG is irrelevant, we have huge disagreements within our own private forums...yet the mod survives and is actually stronger because we work harder to get through those tough times. If the community is ready to look aside because of silly disagreements, then there isn't much hope for the future...is there?

TTLG is just stagnating, sitting around like a bunch of old women talking about ancient games. We're actually building something for the future of the Thief community. That time when the server was down, and people were wondering where TTLG has gone, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if they'd never came back again. THey're a complete waste of internet space.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

TTLG is just stagnating, sitting around like a bunch of old women talking about ancient games. We're actually building something for the future of the Thief community. That time when the server was down, and people were wondering where TTLG has gone, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if they'd never came back again. THey're a complete waste of internet space.

Well, we don't all feel that way oDD...but you're certainly free to have your opinions. :) Not that you need me to remind you of that.

Yup, I know. It's frustrating...but what can we do if the mod is judged based on individual opinions and actions? Not much...I can try to do damage control, but there is only so much I can do in the long run.

At any rate, I believe I will close the thread now as I feel we've had a good run at airing our concerns, frustrations, and complaints.