New Horizon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to be something like this:

http://www.benboxer.com/Digests/images/Braveheart.jpg

http://theland.antgear.com/patrick_mcgoohan.jpg

Though you don't need to worry about following it that closely.

the modeling is done.

Can't wait to see it. :)

i normal mapped the head, im not sure if u'll use it. i can normal map the clothes too.

Pretty much everything needs a normalmap.

:laugh: I love the sig ^_^

:)

-----

here is some screen cap of the model, ill post some when i make some normal map of the clothing. 2k head 2.5k body/hat

the topology is good for joint based rigs. i think it will give nice result of skin simulation.

296082383_56b2d4030c_o.jpg

296082382_04c6013f78_o.jpg

... and thats how i saved Christmas. true story.

I love it! I can just imagine him ordering servants around. "Get to work, taffers!" :laugh:

Can't wait to see the body. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Wow, that's very impressive! I love the arrogant expression on his face! :)

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to make the neck longer than it needs to be? When we add heads to other models, it really helps if there is some extra neck so we can 'sink' the head into the shoulders. That way there is less chance of gaps appearing when the character looks around.

I like that modeled detail of this head - and expression on his face, too.

But what looks quite unusual for me are proportions of face elements. I think that the forehead should be higher or/and the bottom part of the face shorter (nose and cheek). But at the same time I can imagine it's still possible human face proportions. Forgive me if I'm picky - maybe it's just my subjective opinion. I've never modeled such good head anyway... :);)

But what looks quite unusual for me are proportions of face elements. I think that the forehead should be higher or/and the bottom part of the face shorter (nose and cheek). But at the same time I can imagine it's still possible human face proportions.

Yes, I noticed that too. On real faces, the eyes are actually vertically centred in the head. (Don't believe me? Take a look in the mirror. Most people don't notice this until it's pointed out to them.)

On the other hand, artistic licence applies. :) It's not necessary to be anatomically correct as long as it looks good (which it does).

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Just because most eyes are this way, doesn't mean that all are that way. I actually like it that the face doesn't look like generated with a formula and there is a lot of variety in any population. :)

The variety still follows guidelines. No eyes are dead center vertically in the head, but they are still very much so, within a certain tolerance.

I noticed that as well. There's nothing wrong with the proportion of the face, but the head is a little too short on top. Lifting the hair up a bit would solve the problem nicely. Originally I wasn't too concerned about it (especially since the character will have a hat), but the more I look at it the more it stands out. :)

Wow, just checked out your flickr site--some amazing work there! I hope you haven't vanished on us... :(

I agree, there are some nice models on your site, you've obviously learned a lot about the techncial side of modeling from whatever CG school you attend, but you really need to study anatomy and nail it down, muscle by muscle, the insertion and origin of each one, because it's obvious that you only know vaguely where things should be, but not exactly.

Once you have that knowledge, you'll be great.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site