The Dark Mod Forums

Discussion: Forums Successfully Upgraded!

modetwo

Alright, the forum has successfully been upgraded to IPB version 2.2.2. If you have any comments, bug reports, suggestion or general feedback, post it here.

IMPORTANT: Since a lot of the client-script files have been updated it is mandatory to empty your cached files from this forum. You can either empty your browser cache if you want to (check the settings), or you can do a hard refresh (this is usually done by holding the Ctrl-button while you hit 'Refresh').

Cheers,

~m2

~m2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those don't work though, do they?

There's a good article about CATCHPAs on wikipedia which goes into the weaknesses of them to bot attacks.

I checked out the image test you have to do to sign up now, and it doesn't look particularly tough, it's just the usual old 'type in the letters in the picture'. There are image recognition programs that can do that automatically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Moved your post here for discussion.

Oh, CAPTCHA's work, but it depends on each system on how good they are. The previous version of IPB had a much weaker CAPTCHA than the one we have now. That one was 'cracked' so bots could automatically sign up to IPB 2.1.* forums. As far as I know, the system in version 2.2.2 has not been cracked yet which makes it harder for spambots to sign up.

~m2

I have one that I'm not sure is a software or config bug, but it sure is user-unfriendly. :)

See for example this post:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=109070

When I click the images to see the big versions, the popup windows are ridiculously small. They must be manually stretched every time, instead of automatically being the correct size for the image.

I found one issue, but maybe I have to reset this in my profile? When I receive a new PM, before the upgrade I got a popupwindow, and now I get nothing. Only the number in the top link telling me that there is a new PM.

Or is this the "Board notification" option? I switched it off, because I thought this would be the email notification, but maybe I misstook it. I switched it on now, waiting for a new PM. :)

Seems I found a bug though. The "Quick Edit" doesn't work for "Complete Editing" only "Cancel" works. Using Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Gerhard

Seems I found a bug though. The "Quick Edit" doesn't work for "Complete Editing" only "Cancel" works. Using Firefox 2.0.0.3.

I'm pretty sure that is because you haven't emptied your browser cache. I had the exact same problem in Opera 9.* until I refreshed the cached client-script files.

~m2

This might be related, but I have to manually log into the forum each time I visit. Is that a new feature or a leftover script? I tried the ctrl-refresh method already.

Is anyone else seeing this? Edit or write a post, or prepare a PM, so that you have the big textbox to write in. Write a few lines of text. Now, mouse over the whole area, or over the Fonts, Sizes, listboxes above the textbox. As I pass over them, my textbox (and thus the window, which previously fit without a scrollbar) keeps getting wider and wider. It's as if it's turning wordwrap on and off and on and off, and trying to accomodate the change but forgetting the previous width, maybe?

wtfgm1.th.jpg

Edit: Heh, also, I can't seem to upload any images (second time today I tried and failed). I just used imageshack instead.

Er... nope. Definitely not seeing that.

Clear your cache and try again, I reckon. :)

The colour scheme looks fine now! I want to insert a thumbs-up smiley here but we don't have one... ;)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I have that feeling too. :P

(For the record, I did read it, and I did a force-refresh. I'm a good boy! ^_^ )

Incidentally, is there any way to make the full list of emoticons show on the left of the post window again? It's kinda annoying to have to open a whole new tab just to pick an emoticon.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I have the fact that you're both wrong. ;)

I've cleared my cache at least 3 times since yesterday. Logged back in, etc. Each post I write has this resizing problem, and I fail to see how that relates to cache. I'm more likely to believe it has to do with my old Firefox version, not failing to follow instructions.

I'm more likely to believe it has to do with my old Firefox version, not failing to follow instructions.

You are right, but I couldn't know that as you didn't include any information. An old Firefox version is known to have this bug IIRC.

Update it then, takes 2 minutes. :)

~m2

I have the same problem with attachments...keeps telling me there is no file selected. But now that the forum automatically resizes images that are too big, I just embed them. :)