The Dark Mod Forums

Discussion: Forums Successfully Upgraded!

modetwo

It doesn't happen always, I just noticed it yesterday two times. Each once on a different machine. So I figured it might have been just something that has been reset. Otherwise I haven't noticed it and wouldn't even have mentioned it, if Komag hadn't reported the same. So if it doesn't happen again, I consider it to be just a freak occurence. :)

I use FF 2.0.0.3.

Gerhard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on FF 2.0.0.2 and I'm staying logged in just fine.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Man, apparently I've still got an ancient version of FF on this PC, ver 0.8, and no problems just now having to re-log-in. But I think I recall it happening before; just not sure if it was this or IE6. I'm thinking IE6.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It just happened to me and I'm using Netscape 7.1. The last few days I didn't need to log in (though I noticed a delay yesterday where I thought I was going to have to but then it kicked in). Today I had to login again, however.

This is a minor annoyance, but I notice that the smiley face isn't easily available anymore...you have to scroll down the list to get to it. If we can't see all the faces at once, could we at least substitute one of the less-frequently-used ones with the smiley? :)

Alright, we are apparently not the only ones having problems with this. I visited the IPS Customer/Support Forums and found several threads covering this situation. I'll see if there are posted temporarely solutions or explanations to this behavior.

One tip might be not to browse "so many" user profiles between each time you log in.

~m2

Actually, I hadn't browsed any user profiles until you mentioned that. They've certainly changed how *those* work.

This is a minor annoyance, but I notice that the smiley face isn't easily available anymore...you have to scroll down the list to get to it. If we can't see all the faces at once, could we at least substitute one of the less-frequently-used ones with the smiley? :)

The easiest way to get that particular smiley IMO is to just type it out: A ":", then a ")".

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Well, yes, but it was much easier to just click once. Like I said, it's a minor thing. :) :)

what the heck is going on with the new posts list deal? Is it just me, some setting I can change. It sucks! Is it to save bandwidth or something?

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

what the heck is going on with the new posts list deal? Is it just me, some setting I can change. It sucks! Is it to save bandwidth or something?

What the heck are you talking about? Looks perfectly normal to me.

Just came back tot he office and I had to login again.

I'm at the office today aswell and I didn't have to login, I browsed the forums from home before I went to work. No problems at all. Can you do me a favour and either upgrade your Firefox (if you don't already have the newest version) or try another browser, like Opera.

Anyway, don't you use the password manager in Firefox? In Opera I only have to press Ctrl+Enter to be logged in to a website if I've saved the password.

~m2

I have the newest firefox installed. Also this login doesn't happen everytime. Is there a timeout on the cookie?

No, there isn't. And as I said in the previous post I haven't experienced this problem. I'm browsing the forum from 3 different computers without having to log in, so this is very strange.

But there is a bug of some sort in version 2.2.2 that gives some users this problem, I have no idea why. Hopefully they will release a fix soon.

~m2