• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys, I have to admit I have never played a Thief fan mission. By the time I discovered the community, I was already playing T3, and I've never gone back to installing the earlier games. I've decide it's worth doing, however, so I was curious what people would recommend as a 'must have' download.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#2 SneaksieDave

SneaksieDave

QA Lead

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10125 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:57 PM

'The Art of Thievery'

One of the best. And it's perfect if you want a BIG mission, but don't quite want to jump into a mission-pack just yet.

And if you ARE ready to jump into a pack, why not start with 'Calendra's Cistern'. :)

Other personal favorites that come to mind include 'Equilibrium,' 'Hidden Agenda,' 'Lorgan's Web,' and 'Saturio Returns Home'. And, I (very happily) still have more than 200 yet to play. :) (Calendra's Legacy included!) There are some real gems out there - prepare to be blown away.

And anyone new to FMs, simply must try 'Gathering at the Bar.'

Edited by SneaksieDave, 09 December 2004 - 11:04 PM.

#3 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13902 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:19 PM

Don't forget "The 7th Crystal". :)

#4 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:25 AM

I must admit I never really played any FMs either. However, I saw LGS ranked many FMs and gave 'Inverted Manse' high marks... so I tried it. I must say it is pretty cool. I'm not a big zombie/haunt fan and there happen to be quite a few. Too many zombies is my only complaint so far. Despite my dislikes for zombies, it's still quite interesting to play. A lot of work was put into the campaign, that's for sure.

Check out LGS' rankings of FMs. That will help you weed out the ones that might not be so good.

Edited by Darkness_Falls, 13 December 2004 - 02:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users