Thx for the replies NH. I remember you too from the IS boards. You and John P. provided the best mods for TDS IMO wink.gif
I'm wondering if I can ask many questions without it looking bothersome unsure.gif
Thanks, I'm picking away at the final version as we speak. Once I get that off my plate I'll be able to put my full energy behind the Dark Mod. I hate leaving things unfinished.
As for your questions. I'll answer what I can without crossing any lines.
Here we go....
- Is wall flattening included? Not as of this writing.
- Is there a 3rd person view? Third person is not supported.
- How big will the mod game be? The mod is not going to be like a traditional Mod. We are releasing an Editing Toolset to the Fan Community first. This will allow them to begin producing Thief Style missions with plenty variety and style to choose from. Essentially, you get to make a Thief game In Thine Own Image! We will include a few example missions in this release to help explain the documentation. At a later date you should see either a campaign or series of stand alone missions from us.
- Will you have a central hub for missions, like the city in TDS? Since we will be releasing a toolset initially this will likely not be the case.
- Are there more movement speeds beyond Run, Walk, Creep? Too early to say yet really. We do want to explore other options as we're not bound by Thief rules, but at the same time we want to retain a certain familiarity.
- What equipment from TDS will be included/not included? You will see the basic toolset or variations of it...plus a few surprises.