How Is It Going To Play?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Defunct_*

Guest_Defunct_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:31 AM

First of all, good luck with this, it looks real good so far.

Is it going to play like the classic thief's or like thief 3. A long time fan of t1 and 2 was disappointed with thief 3 but then again, it was a different developer.

#2 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:42 AM

Is it going to play like the classic thief's or like thief 3. A long time fan of t1 and 2 was disappointed with thief 3 but then again, it was a different developer.

We try to stick more to T1/T2 style playing as this is "The Real Thief" ™ . :)
Gerhard

#3 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:53 AM

We were all disappointed with T3. We steering well clear of T3ishness. However, FM authors can make whatever stype of missions and campaigns they want with the toolset we provide.
Start working yours out now :ph34r:
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#4 Vadrosaul

Vadrosaul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

I liked T3. Sure it had bad stuff like smaller levels, load zones, drunken lurching first person movement, lack of many T1/2 items, overly finnicky object selection, hideously obtrusive HUD, but it had plusses like wall flatenning and, and.......... :unsure:

Well I still enjoyed TDS immensely, one of my fav games of the year. I'm looking forward to the Dark Mod, cause I believe it will feel like Thief's 1/2, meaning it will have the reverse of what I posted above (large levels, no load zones, fluid FPS movement, plentiful item selection, minimal but snazzy inobtrusive HUD, etc...
Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

#5 Defunct

Defunct

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:28 PM

Thats real good to hear, i'll definately be keeping my eye on this :)

T3 to me was all wrong, no sword, no different ways to use the dagger/not being able to hold the blackjack up etc..

Now get back to work! /cracks whip ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users