The Dark Mod Forums

Breaking glass idea

HappyCheeze

When I was trying to fall asleep last night I had a dream that I was playing TDM, and I had to assassinate this person. There was a huge glass window at the ceiling and I shot an arrow or I threw something at it and the glass shattered and fell into him.

I don't know how possible this would be for doom 3 engine. You'd have to make glass gibs do damage right?

I thought it was a pretty sweet way taking out your target, even if you're tossing all subtlety out the window.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

I'm not particularly knowledgeable with scripting and fancy stuff like that, but I have the impression this would be done more by subtlety than actual coding. I imagine you could script an event where you could break some glass and have the target also die that would be a lot easier than making the glass actually kill the guy. It seems like the kind of thing I usually find is done in multiple parts, recreating the effect without all the real world elements.

Also were you playing TDM on a computer in your dream or were you IN TDM in the dream. If the former you need to have more exciting dreams! Also I hear there are slutty scullery maids in the TDM universe confirm/deny.

Also were you playing TDM on a computer in your dream or were you IN TDM in the dream. If the former you need to have more exciting dreams!

I can't remember, I want to say I was in TDM.

Also I hear there are slutty scullery maids in the TDM universe confirm/deny.

I can't confirm/deny that but I have seen a noblewoman, and she had a man's voice ;-)

We should make our own whorehouse map like in T2X. That was a great mission.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

I can't remember, I want to say I was in TDM.

I can't confirm/deny that but I have seen a noblewoman, and she had a man's voice ;-)

We should make our own whorehouse map like in T2X. That was a great mission.

Hah, we aren't bound by ratings boards, are we? ;)

You could theoretically make a small SDK modification to let the pieces of broken glass damage things that they hit. But it's probably much easier to do what BEAR said and use existing capability. For example, have the window that can break trigger an area-effect damage stim below that goes off approximately when the glass would hit the ground.

I'll quote the TDM universe wiki.

The Dark Mod is set in a world that is dark, gritty and adult...

hmmm... depends on how far we want to take it.......

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

I'll have to try that scripting thing.

When I'm not working on my WIP, I'll try that out.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Well we're not going to pay the million buckaroos it costs for the ESRB to rate a game, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Mods generally don't have ratings. I'm not sure whether they're supposed to, possibly they are, but indie games usually don't either and nobody really seems to care. It's the internet, you can find far worse things without even trying.

Any mission that's particularly adult should carry a warning, for responsibility's sake, but I don't see why you couldn't do it. I'd personally prefer if it wasn't merely gratuitous, but that's personal preference, not policy.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

You haven't seen the pagan warrior yet, have you? :blink:

Can't say I have... yet.

Check out this mod,

Zombies with boobs or shlongs. Never seen that in a game, until now.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|