The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 0.9.8 ready for release

greebo

I'm happy to announce the availability of DarkRadiant 0.9.8, which can now be downloaded from our website at sourceforge:

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/

Important: be sure to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package in order to run this release.

The massive list of changes can be found here: Changes since 0.9.7 and on our bugtracker changelog.

The ZIP package is in the process of being uploaded, stand by if you're wanting this one.

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Happy Editing!

YAY!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Hey Greebo,

I'm getting some problems with .9.8.

In the task manager, DR is now taking up a lot of memory.

583,740 Kb/s

It was 100,000ish earlier.

My virus scan wasn't running at the time.

Also, it won't save the map. I have to save the changes as a new map, eg. Map1.

If I click save, nothing really happens, because I'll exit DR, and it tells me that the map has changed and if I wish to save, but that doesn't do it either.

dmapping and reloading the map in DR doesn't show any changes, unless I save as a copy.

specs:

q6600 2.4 quad

4 gig ram

8800 GT

XP SP3

Anyone else getting these problems?

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

I confirm it's not saving except with a new name. Strange because it does show the 'saving' message. I thought at first it was because I was using Ctrl+S in entity inspector but no, it definitely does not save except when saved with a new name.

But Task Manager shows 130MB increase when DR loaded for me. Can't say I've checked it before but that seems consistent with your lower earlier evaluation. Try a reboot and try that again to see if it stabilises.

@greebo: the earlier snapshot I was testing definitely saved because I was using it the last couple of days. This is the new 0.9.8.

[EDIT] It does not save even if I use 'Save As' and use the same name as before. It has to be a new name.

I just rebooted, and DR is using 582,860 K/bs of memory.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

I don't have these issues with the new version. I installed it from the .zip archive and run it on Windows 2000.

Edit: But I just noticed that the modelviewer crashes when I try to zoom and no model is selected. (also in older versions)

Checked again more accurately in the processes tab of Task Manager and it's 115,492K for me. I'm using Vista 64 quad, 8GB RAM. I downloaded the self-extractor. Then opened Saint Lucia and it raised to 383,980K. Click New to close SL and it still shows 319,092K. Likely that DR requests enough space for a task but does not relinquish it. Reloaded SL and get 396,320K. No idea what I used to get with previous versions but that seems about right I would guess. But 500K empty seems wrong.

Confirm it is when Doom is running.

I first tried saving without Doom and it saved OK.

Then loaded Doom but did not open a map.

Still DR saved OK.

Then opened the map in Doom

DR no longer saves.

Entered GameError in console so no map

DR still won't save.

Quit Doom

DR now saves OK.

Some kind of file lock error?

Some kind of file lock error?

Very very probably. :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

This is fixed now in the source code. New release is coming soon.

DR tries to create a backup and can't when the map is open in D3. This exited the saving routine before, now it just emits a warning in the console and saves the map normally.

I just installed the bugfix, and it indeed is fixed. Thanks Greebs, I can save again!

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|