The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 0.9.9 is out

greebo

This month was a strong one for DarkRadiant's progress, so I'm glad to push DarkRadiant 0.9.9 out of the door already. Get it here:

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/

Important: be sure to install the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package in order to run this release.

The list of changes can be found here: Changes since 0.9.8 and on our bugtracker changelog.

This release is the first one to include a separate package for Windows x64 users (Vista 64), so be sure to pick the right one for yor OS. Non-installer ZIP packages are available as well.

As usual, please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

awesome,

I'll put this on moddb right now.

edit: DONE! Now just gotta wait for confirmation!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Yep I think along those same lines every time we have a big change or new release. It may sound like I'm just pumping it up as part of the project, but seriously: DR has come much further than I'd ever imagined it was going to (excluding for now huge things like a renderer overhaul/replace). I often wonder what people using it today would think if they went back to the beginning of it, or wish I could jump into the minds of new users coming from Dromed, which while very powerful, is so clumsy and clunky and buggy and unfriendly. And best of all, if you don't like something about DR, change it! It truly has been as amazing to watch and participate in as the mod itself. They're a perfect pair. :wub:

/gush

Each time I run this I see:

Engine Path: g:\doom3\

Mod (fs_game): darkmod

Mod Base (fs_game_base, optional) : [blank]

Since I don't know what that last one is and since it is optional I leave it blank but get asked every time I launch DR. I then get a warning that it does not exist and am invited to correct it but since I don't know what it is I have to skip that. :)

Each time I run this I see:

Engine Path: g:\doom3\

Mod (fs_game): darkmod

Mod Base (fs_game_base, optional) : [blank]

Since I don't know what that last one is and since it is optional I leave it blank but get asked every time I launch DR. I then get a warning that it does not exist and am invited to correct it but since I don't know what it is I have to skip that. :)

Could you send me the darkradiant.log file after this has been occurring?

Holy ****!!! Greebo I absolutely love how you've managed to get the textures to align around corners!!!! You have no idea how awesome I think this is :D

I noticed a while ago you marked it as resolved and I just went into DR to test it out now it's freaking amazing!!! This is the first level editor I've ever used that fixes that damned texture alignment problem!

Almost always when I press Ctrl, Shift, or Alt the windows stop updating. Minimizing DR and maximizing it again gets it back to normal, but only untill I press one of the buttons again.

I can still perform the functions like normal, I just can't see what I'm doing. :(

It seems to usually only happen when I have either brushes/patches with texture on them in my map, or have the media browser open, showing a texture.

Also it always happens when I press Shift and only often when I press Ctrl or Alt.

Naturally I have tried redownloading and reinstalling the new version several times, and it does not help. Same with the VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package. None of it helped.

It is the 32 bit version btw, and v. 0.9.8 still works fine.

@SneaksieDave and Jesps: can you compare your system specs to see whether there are some similarities (in terms of Windows Service Packs, or video drivers, or card manufacturer). I can't reproduce these issues on angua's rather newly set up Windows XP SP3 machine (nVidia).

Wow, so it's even happening in 32bit Vista? Interesting. Both of my active systems experience it:

work:

XP Pro SP3 (automatic updates)

3GHz

1G RAM

Onboard Intel P.O.S.

game:

XP Pro SP1

1.4GHz

1G RAM

nvidia GF6800 (93.71)

Neither experience the problem in 0.9.8 series; 'old' GTK libraries fix the problem for 0.9.9 series. I could be way off, but I keep looking suspiciously at the 'preload media browser' change...