The Dark Mod Forums

Model shaders not found after 9.11 install

ReViliTy

Noticed after installing 9.11 that none of the models for a majority of the map objects, monsters, and other entities arenot seen in the 3d view. Each one has the blue and back shader not found texture on them. This happened to many default and custom models. I'm not sure if its a setting i'm missing. I unistalled 911 and put 910 back in and all the textures on the models showed up. I then unistalled 910, and put 911 in again, the problem was still there. :huh:

I'm using the 911 installer and have the problem with a majority of models currently in the map, and any new ones I add in. I also tried doing some simple box rooms for strickly doom3 alone, no mods, and still recieved the problem. If I go to real time lighting, the textures show up.

Edited by ReViliTy

Interesting, I'll try to reproduce that.

edit: Nope, everything works fine for me here, both lighting and non-lighting mode. Could you try to rename the user.xml file in C:\Documents and Settings\Revility\Application Data\DarkRadiant to something else and see if the error is still there?

Interesting, I'll try to reproduce that.

edit: Nope, everything works fine for me here, both lighting and non-lighting mode. Could you try to rename the user.xml file in C:\Documents and Settings\Revility\Application Data\DarkRadiant to something else and see if the error is still there?

Joining the dots, it seems its an ase model problem the surface names are being truncated so what was originally in the ase:

*BITMAP "\\models\terrain\fueldump3.tga"

is read as:

dels/models/fueldump3

in the editor according to the log file and the model viewer

LWO models load fine.

Joining the dots, it seems its an ase model problem the surface names are being truncated so what was originally in the ase:

*BITMAP "\\models\terrain\fueldump3.tga"

is read as:

dels/models/fueldump3

in the editor according to the log file and the model viewer

Hm, I'll check that out.

Hm, I can load ASE models just fine as well.

Wait, the ASE *BITMAP line you showed me points to an actual TGA file, doesn't it? This is not correct, it should point to a material name, not a texture file. Is this a model of yours or one of Doom3's?

I've tried what you mentioned in the first post, but that didn't help. Cleaned out my doom3 directory, removed all traces off DR, and then installed it again. Still the same deal. I then reverted back to the last build and everything shows up.

I'm seeing it on all kinds of models, lwo, ase, and lwo. Its not all of them, I would say 90% don't show. Sometimes I'll see of the materials on a model, but not the other. I then installed a few mods and checked again. It does it their assets as well. Very strange. Could there be something outside of DR i need to update?

In principle there is just the DarkRadiant folder (with the exe and the modules and the games folder) and the few files in your Documents and Settings path. That's all there is.

So you're saying this happens with vanilla D3 models as well? Can you post an example map with a non-functional model here?

Can somebody else reproduce this?

Yep, confirmed, same behavior here. In my 0.9.11 build, I've got a great many (but not all) shader-not-found on D3 objects (e.g. /mapobjects folder). In my 0.9.10 build, the same objects look fine.

Edit:

EventManager: Shortcuts found in Registry: 334

OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = 32bpp

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockbrace

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockhall

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockhood

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader models/mapobjects/airlock/midpatch

[shaders] Loaded texture: models/mapobjects/airlock/midpatch_local

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockdoor

RenderablePicoSurface: using shader textures/common/clip

[shaders] Loaded texture: textures/common/clip

Great, seems like another major bug slipped into the release. I need to reproduce that.

edit: yes, the airlock is also lacking shaders on my system - but it's an LWO, curiously enough.

Yes, it was indeed a bug in the shader parser. TDM textures were pretty much unaffected by this, because all of our shaders include the frob highlight stage.

Anyway, this is fixed now in my local build - I think I'll upload a new version 0.9.12 to replace the buggy 0.9.11 release.