The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

The door is blocked by two movable that aren't boards. The window is boarded, but has nothing to block. Placed moveable boards will remain in the air, but the door immediately knocks them down.

This can be pretty easily handled with scripting, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, like an existing removable boarded door mapping standard.

The door is blocked by two movable that aren't boards.

The door is blocked by a movable board that is held in place by two hooks.

For some reason it inherits "hide" "1"; change that to "0" and the model should spawn. Though my best guess about the delay is that your area/density is sufficient to give your hardware trouble. (I ended up switching from SEED combining to inlining in one case for that reason: I decided a bloated .proc file would be preferable to long loading times.)

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Are you using a script or an atdm:gui_message entity?

I'm just looking at the script listing for createOverlay(): it's under the idEntity spawnclass but there's a note that says 'must be used on the player'. So I'm wondering whether the GUI is being created for the player entity and the view from the camera entity doesn't receive it.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

$nameofgui.activate($player1);

player1 = you the player, gets paused during a cutscene or cinematic. so above command wont work. well it will work after the cinematic has ended, so you would have to use some other way to make a popup during a cinematic.

Edited by stumpy

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, envshot doesn't wanna capture a correct cubemap for me. Is the wiki info outdated or should I know something it doesn't?

I end up getting a zoomed in (out of focus) capture for each of the six images. Obviously it's not seamless when doing that so is there a special trick to getting it to work? I hadn't seen any difference when manually inputting different FOV either.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Do you have your FOV set to 90?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Huh, I actually found the solution, although you're not going to like it. Change the game resolution to 640 x 480 and then try to capture the cubemap. I prefer to have my TDM game in windowed mode, but 640 x 480 is tiny as hell on a 1440p desktop, so I'd switch to a fullscreen mode to do that.

This article from ModWiki seems to confirm the issue:

https://modwiki.xnet.fi/Envshot_(console_command)

I just noticed there's some weird artifacting in there, so image corruption. I was Alt tabbing and doing other things. Worth checking though guys, see if you get the results you want at a different res than 640x480 just make sure to keep it 4:3 ratio and you might need to run windowed..

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The wiki article dealing with this matter actually mentions this, too. http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Cube_maps

• Like 2

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter