The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Hmm. I tried changing the team to 5 with stim/response, but the others still notice him. Dead as well an unconscious.

Can he be in team 5 initially? Ie he starts in that team and is never changed.

Maybe corpse team value cannot be changed?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

No he was team 6. And the guy who found him team 1. They are neutral.

I have managed to work around it though:

Put a teleporter on the AI (bind it to him)

Then teleport a ragdoll from a blue room, and remove the AI from the game. (while the player is looking elsewere of course)

Thanks for the inputs, though.

No he was team 6. And the guy who found him team 1. They are neutral.

Jesps, glad to hear you found a workaround. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but there seems to be a problem with AIs changing teams from neutral (kind of the opposite of what you want, but it could be related).

I have been experimenting recently with AI changing teams and also with changing the relation between teams during game. I've found that in both cases, when the AI changes from neutral (relation = 0) to enemy (relation = -1), none of the AIs seem to notice the change unless they bump into the new enemy (literally bump into!).

However both methods work well when they were initially friends (relation = 5, which I believe just needs to be a positive integer) and then they become enemies. It looks like TDM prefers full betrayal...

I'm in the process of adding a tracker for that bug.

Can someone please help me with the following:

$entityname.setFrobable( 0 ); disable frob on a frobable item

$entityname.setFrobable( 1 ); enable frob on a frobable item

What I want to do is to make it so that when I loot a certain item, then $entityname.setFrobable( 1 ) is applied the a certain entity.... lets say that the entity name is 'lever01'... I'm looking to make $lever01.setFrobable( 1 ). How do I go about setting this up?

Thanks.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

set up you map script file , full script should looks like :

void LeverISFrobable()

{

$lever01.setFrobable( 1 );

}

than add frob_script spawnarg to item you want

it shold look like :

frob_script

LeverISFrobable

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

set up you map script file , full script should looks like :

than add frob_script spawnarg to item you want

it shold look like :

Thanks a lot! I've never done anything with a script, so I'll have to learn to set up the script file. But what the script contains make perfect sense.

Awesome! Thanks Shadowhide! I made my mapname.script file, set it up like suggested, then did 'frob_action_script' 'LeverISFrobable'. It works perfectly.

Next silly question. Can I add a line to that LeverISFrobable script which displays a text message on the screen? Something like "a door unlocks somewhere..." or whatever.

The wiki says to use an "atdm:gui_message

" entity but I can't seem to find that in DR. :(

never mind, found it in Targets.

Edited by PranQster

Create an entity: darkmod > targets > atdm:gui_message and give it these properties/values and adjust to suit. Popups will explain each one...

delay 0

fade_out_time 4

force 1

lines 3

show 3

text a door unlocks somewhere...

In your script add...

sys.trigger($NameOfGuiMessageEntity);

[EDIT] ooops - I see you already found it.

Create an entity: darkmod > targets > atdm:gui_message and give it these properties/values and adjust to suit. Popups will explain each one...

delay 0

fade_out_time 4

force 1

lines 3

show 3

text a door unlocks somewhere...

In your script add...

sys.trigger($NameOfGuiMessageEntity);

[EDIT] ooops - I see you already found it.

I had found it, but did not know how to implement it. The tutorial was showing how to set it up with a touchable trigger. Thanks for the help!

That did the trick! Thanks again so very much!

Edited by PranQster

• 2 weeks later...

When I add custom sounds in my maps I will never see the sound in the bottom of the 'Choose sound'-window in DR, but usually it works fine anyway.

This time though, I've added a custom collision sound and added soundfile_1.ogg, soundfile_2.og, soundfile_3.og, etc and they don't show up as usual, but this time not even in game...

I've used Dram's definition as a template...

Example

tdm_impact_ring_01

{

description "Made by Dram"

no_dups

minDistance 1

maxDistance 15

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_1.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_2.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_3.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_4.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_5.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_6.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_7.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_8.ogg

}

My files are pointing to the same directory as some other (working) custom sounds in my mission so there shouldn't be any typos...

When I add custom sounds in my maps I will never see the sound in the bottom of the 'Choose sound'-window in DR, but usually it works fine anyway.

This time though, I've added a custom collision sound and added soundfile_1.ogg, soundfile_2.og, soundfile_3.og, etc and they don't show up as usual, but this time not even in game...

I've used Dram's definition as a template...

Example

tdm_impact_ring_01

{

description "Made by Dram"

no_dups

minDistance 1

maxDistance 15

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_1.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_2.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_3.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_4.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_5.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_6.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_7.ogg

sound/sfx/movement/impacts/ring_8.ogg

}

My files are pointing to the same directory as some other (working) custom sounds in my mission so there shouldn't be any typos...

How strange. The custom soundshaders should be visible in DR speaker sound selection dialogue, at least they have always been for me.

Check that in your darkmod folder you have a folder "sound".

In the folder you have yourmap.sndshd.

Then under the sound folder you have a folder called yourmap (darkmod/sound/yourmap). In this folder, place all your sounds.

Then in the .sndshd file put all your sound entries like this:

yourmap_custom_sound

{

description ""

minDistance 1

maxDistance 25

volume 9

sound/yourmap/custom_soundfile.ogg

}

Now when you restart DR, the custom sound should be in the "choose sound" dialogue under yourmap_custom_sound. If it is not, something is wrong. Check file structure from mandrasola mission, for example.

Clipper

I can see and select the shader in DR but there is no files at the bottom and no sound ingame...

I have never been able to see them in DR, and not been able to test them with the play buttom in DR, but they usually work ingame, but not now :/

Oh, forget it, now it works somhow...it must have been a too low volume set. EDIT: Or perhaps a restart of TDM. The reloads-commands doens't always have the courtesey to work...

Thanks for your assistance anyway, my finnish friend :)

Still cannot see the shaders in DR though...

Edited by Fieldmedic

• 2 weeks later...

I have scripts that target atdm:gui_message-entities in my map. The time for which they are shown can be controlled by spawnargs, but is there any way to destroy the overlay via a script? So that the message dissappears before the set time.

As i get it, I must use scripts only to make handles

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=GUI_Overlays

but as I don't know how to get a handle from my entity messages, it would be more convenient to be able to use some kind of DarkRadiant solution...

how to cut a patch ?

I don't think they can be cut. You just need to use the control points to bend it the way you want. The patch menu allows you to add more control points or delete them.

Also the patch inspector allows you to control the way how smooth the patch is.

Clipper

It's not easy, but there is a method to split patches:

http://modetwo.net/d..._Basic_Tutorial

Okay I know that tutorial looks complicated and difficult but after you get the first cut done it's literally a few minutes per cut after that. But if it's a simple patch that you just realized you want in two pieces it might be faster to just delete it and recreate it in two pieces.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Is it possible to make an AI NOT frobable after dying? This is an AI that is killed during play so I have no physical entity to add spawnargs to. (Because when an AI is killed he is swapped for a suitable ragdoll that spawns from the game itself). I've tried to add a atdm:target_set_frobable around the soon-to-be-killed-AI without luck...

It IS possible to make a body unfrobable with the frobable = 1 spawnarg, but as the ragdoll isn't possible to access through DR I'm stuck...

Is there any name to the corpse added? If so, I could script an event that gives the corpse these changes.

Another way is to somehow remove the AI/spawned ragdoll when killed, and then teleport in the tampered ragdoll, from the blue room...

Is it possible to make an AI NOT frobable after dying? This is an AI that is killed during play so I have no physical entity to add spawnargs to. (Because when an AI is killed he is swapped for a suitable ragdoll that spawns from the game itself). I've tried to add a atdm:target_set_frobable around the soon-to-be-killed-AI without luck...

It IS possible to make a body unfrobable with the frobable = 1 spawnarg, but as the ragdoll isn't possible to access through DR I'm stuck...

Is there any name to the corpse added? If so, I could script an event that gives the corpse these changes.

Another way is to somehow remove the AI/spawned ragdoll when killed, and then teleport in the tampered ragdoll, from the blue room...

try to addspawnarg to AI :

death_script

notfrobable

in script file :

void notfrobable()

{

$AINAME.setFrobable( 0 );

}

PS

my question :

how to change color of movable lanterns light ?

_color spawnarg change only color of glass

also what I can use to edit particles ?

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Sorry, missed those questions on the end.

the lantern: Try set _color on light or else set _color on flame - it depends on the entity but one of those should work. So it might be eg,

set _color on light

0.8 0.6 0.4

there is a particle editor in doom3. I think you enter partEd in the console. But it's slow to load up. Personally I mostly prefer to edit in a plain text editor. Find an existing particle file similar to what you want and modify it. They are in the particles folder and suffixed .prt as I recall.