The Dark Mod Forums

Tools And Game Integration

medievalradley

can someone out there tell me where i can get a good no cd hack or other such thing as the computer i use is shared

my 3 year old daughter keeps on putting Reader rabbit in the drive and i am tired of trading disks in and out

plus disks may get scratched up if she keeps o putting it out on the desk

disks are expensive

not using for piracy just don't like to use disks and risk them getting "F"ed up

any one else feel like disk being called for during game play is gay...

[EDITED BY SPARHAWK]

Please don't give any advice on how to circumvent copyprotection.

Depending on the country this may or may not be legal, and therefore we can not allow such postings on the public boards (also not on the private boards, just to set this straight). If you need to do this you can always do this via email, which is your personal decision.

can someone out there tell me where i can get a good no cd hack or other such thing as the computer i use is shared

Obviously we can not give any information how to hack or use D3 without a copyprotection. Depending on the country this may or may not be legal. Therefore you have to look for yourself as there is enough information abound for such activities and you have to decide for yourself if this is legal in your coutnry and how to do it.

Gerhard

sorry didn't mean to offend anyone out there

I don't think that a no cd being used by licence users is piracy exactly. but I am no lawyer

sorry if this pissed anyone off

I just have a 3 year old who likes to play our computer and changes out the disks on her own she has scratched up many of my disk lucky not doom3 yet

again sorry didn't realize this would be a problem (should have thought "public posting and all" )

well still don't know if having a no cd hack is illegal if used only to make Doom 3 more "My life Friendly" its a hassle to change out disks and take chances in getting them all scratched up just to find out I am not really in the mood.

sometimes I might just play for a few minutes

maybe some courageous person should protest these companies who want us to insert disks for no good reason.

besides; it is not a deterrent to those twisted evil software pirates. you know that they don't live by the rules and they still have the option of burning a CD_ROM...

my point after all the deranged ranting is this: Pirates just make CD Copies. cd insertion while game is playing is not a deterrent from piracy, it is a deterrent from playing top end games especially if you have kids who may scratch them or hide them. ( I don't usually play for hours or long periods of time I usually get in play a few minutes and get out to my real life.

I just wanted everyone to know I am no pirate and am just a guy who is finding it inconvenient to click that icon and then find out the disk isn't in the drive and then find out the disk isn't in its box and then find out that the disk is scratched up ON TOP OF MY COMPUTER fingerprint and peanut butter AHRG!!!

In about a tenth of the time it took you to type that you could do a google search.

:rolleyes:

This was not intended to sound as if we are offended. I have the same problem as you. I have three kids one is 3 now and the other one is 5. The older one is 8. I also don't like to give them original version in the hands because I know how they will look after a few days/weeks, no matter of how many "But I promise to take care of it now" I can hear from them. :) So I also do backups and use NoCd cracks in order to avoi d that, as Software is not exactly cheap. I buy all the stuff that I find usuable and the rest I don't use anyway. The bottom line is though, that forums can be shut down if a a laywer thinks he can earn money from it and claiming that this is a "place where warez are traded", no matter how ridicoulous this is. In Germany there is a laywer Gravenreuth who even coaxes shoolkids into trading in order to get at them. In the 80ies he was quite famous of this, because he sent letters claiming to be an innocent schoolgirl who doesn't have experience. So people who fell for this and sent him some stuff got in real problems because of that.

Seeing how crazy some countries are (like the US and Europe following suite) we can not allow to post such stuff. What you do via PM or email we have no saying in and nobody can make a claim on us for this, but it's different in publicy available forums. And public available forum in this context also means the "private" dev forums as well, because in this sense they are NOT private.

Gerhard

[EDITED BY SPARHAWK]

Please don't give any advice on how to circumvent copyprotection.

Depending on the country this may or may not be legal, and therefore we can not allow such postings on the public boards (also not on the private boards, just to set this straight). If you need to do this you can always do this via email, which is your personal decision.

Dammit! LOL, I was giving him the legal way! Alcohol 120% is perfectly legal, cos you need the REAL disk first. LOL

No you don't, a downloaded CD image run on a virtual drive would work just as well.

Anyway, the point is that anyone who downloaded a warez copy would already have or know how to get the no-cd exe anyway.

Only a person who knows noting about warez who would even be asking, so he's innocent I tell ya)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Dammit! LOL, I was giving him the legal way! Alcohol 120% is perfectly legal, cos you need the REAL disk first. LOL

Wether this is legal or not, depends on the actual country you are in. I'm not a laywer but I wouldn't be surprised if laywers in the US would already count this as a DMCA violation because you are working around a copyprotection.

Then agaion, the DMCA seems to be pretty bendy, so you can probably use it also against your neighbour if he looks strange at you. :)

Gerhard