Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About RobertBeckebans

  • Rank
  1. Each point light requires 6 shadowmap pyramids and that is where Carmack's performance problem came from. The original code was like for each point light: for each shadowmap pyramid: draw occluders in the pyramid draw interactions with shadow map for masking and use up to 16 samples from the shadowmap for the noise filter where you also have 16 texture lookups to determine a random spot to make it smooth and he even did some strange stencil shadow masking stuff. my algorithm is like many standard implementations: for each point light: for each shadowmap i in pyramid:
  2. @revelator this was one of my early attempts to fix draw_exp.cpp from Carmack. The BFG edition shipped the required ARB shaders. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22890478/Doom3/draw_exp-carmack.zip Carmack's early attempt was shit performance wise and I did it a lot better in RBDoom-3-BFG however it is a good starting point.
  3. Although it compiles fine on the 32 bit edition. Compile log: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DPKGLIBDIR='"/usr/local/lib/darkradiant"' -DPKGDATADIR='"/usr/local/share/darkradiant"' -I../include -I../libs -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/gtkglext-1.0 -I/usr/lib/gtkglext-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/us
  4. This is a patch that fixes a problem with images like: diffuseMap textures/eX/eXmetalBase04.tga It worked fine if you loaded it directly from the PK4 archive but it failed if you tried that with the image in the mod directory on Linux. Patch: http://xreal-project.net/wp-content/tmp/Da...Fix_r4846.patch
  5. Yeah thank you for this feature. I was looking for this feature for our target_fx particle emitters.
  6. The XreaLRadiant is almost the same code as the DarkRadiant with smaller changes all over the place like missing PK3 support, .PNG image file support and other stuff not supported by id Tech 4. We go the same route as Doom 3 concerning the detail brushes issue. The detail flags are ignored and instead we merge func_static entities as detail brushes into the worldspawn entity in the XMap2 map compiler. Quake 4 goes even further and removes the unused detail flags completely from the .map format.
  7. I have a problem. I still work on an entity definition file for XreaL. I would like to use the rotation tool to have abitrary rotations for the following entity: entityDef info_player_intermission { "editor_color" "1 0 1" "editor_mins" "-16 -16 -16" "editor_maxs" "16 16 16" "editor_rotatable" "1" "editor_usage" "Camera for intermission screen between matches. This also automatically generates the podium for bot arena matches (see Notes). Can be aimed by setting the 'angles' key or targeting an pointing to an aiming entity. Use only one per level." "spawnclass"
  8. That sounds good. I think I only need very few changes or extra stuff like PNG image support that already works. Concerning the XMap2 observer .. well I think we don't need that because most mappers use an extra GUI frontend for XMap2 (Q3Map2) anyway. I wrote a bunch of .def files to get the DarkRadiant to work with XreaL. However it contains only a few entity defintions by now. I think I can handle basic XreaL support even without extra plugins.
  9. I only wrote smaller fixes for the GtkRadiant 1.5 tree a long time ago and helped SPoG with Doom3 tech questions. Ok I created a patch for the shader names. The patch is not perfect with the functor solution but I don't know another way to do this in C++. I used the same technique in my previous C++ based engine. Maybe you have a better solution. This is just a suggestion as a result of a short code review. You really changed almost everything .. I have to start from the beginning I left out the shaders.vcproj because VC9 changed it a bit more. Here is the patch generated with TortoiseS
  10. I compile with Vista 32 bit. Doom3 material names are definitely case-insesitive. I just checked that with the media browser of d3radiant. I'm going to provide a patch for that soon. Well XreaL is basically the Q3A engine with a Doom3 style renderer and new artwork to make it a standalone funny thing. But it is a very specific solution. I still use the Q3A BSP for rendering but with static VBOs and dynamic IBOs. I use Doom3 style lights and have almost full support for the entire Doom3 .mtr language. The renderer is written on top of Carmack's Q3A trinity renderer so everything is written
  11. Hello everybody, this is my first post in this forum. I'm the lead coder of the XreaL project and I just want to say that I really like your work on the DarkRadiant. The coding style is very good and some of the new features like the model previewer are really handy. It's really nice to see that you put so much effort into this level editor to give people a useful tool. I worked most of the time with a GtkRadiant 1.5 codebase with a very few hacks. As you might now I use the Q3A engine and I compile Doom3 .map format maps into the Q3A BSP format. The Doom3 .map format is the standard format
  • Create New...