Search the Community
Showing results for tags '64-bit'.
Found 2 results
The ELF executable provided from the main download page is 32-bit. It doesn't run on 64-bit systems without adding support for ELF32. Since 64 bit support is now available in 2.06, this needs updating. While the documentation on the download page is accurate in removing the instructions for adding 32 bit architecture support, which should now be unnecessary, the binary download needs updating too. I get the error: "no such file or directory" on Debian Stretch GNU/Linux, on a bash shell. This is perhaps because it requires loading some dynamically linked 32 bit libraries unavailable on my system, or perhaps even the 32bit loader itself is missing. Here is the list of shared libraries it needs to load acquired from 'ldd' application. linux-gate.so.1 (0xf777a000) librt.so.1 => /lib32/librt.so.1 (0xf774e000) libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf765c000) libm.so.6 => /lib32/libm.so.6 (0xf7616000) libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf75f9000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib32/libpthread.so.0 (0xf75dd000) libc.so.6 => /lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf742f000) /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf777b000) Here is a dump from the binary header using readelf application. ELF Header: Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Class: ELF32 Data: 2's complement, little endian Version: 1 (current) OS/ABI: UNIX - GNU ABI Version: 0 Type: EXEC (Executable file) Machine: Intel 80386 Version: 0x1 Entry point address: 0x804f519 Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file) Start of section headers: 1690508 (bytes into file) Flags: 0x0 Size of this header: 52 (bytes) Size of program headers: 32 (bytes) Number of program headers: 9 Size of section headers: 40 (bytes) Number of section headers: 33 Section header string table index: 30 The class is ELF32 & Machine 80386. One solution is to provide a separate 64 bit updater, or to statically link the libraries (Which would allow only one executable for both architectures). Is there a 64 bit version of the installer?
I've been spending the past few weeks adding 64 bit support to the Dark Mod, and finally have something that mostly work. This was only developed and tested on Linux, so a Windows version will probably require some more work still. Things tested: Able to play through the FM "Thief's Den" to completion.Able to play various bits of the training mission. (Was not played exhaustively.)Downloading FMs and switching FMsCompiling for 32 bit with the original build system.Loading 64 bit saves on a 32 bit version compiled from the same source.What doesn't work: AIs are blind as bats and require physical contact or sound to provoke them. (64 bit only)Some AIs stand in the spot while their arms are moving and their toes are lifting, suggesting they're wanting to walk somewhere but failing to. Some suspicious noise does make them to move forward a bit more. The City Watchman in the Thief's Den is a good example. (64 bit only)Melee weapons don't connect at all, both for the player and AI. (both 32 bit and 64 bit)Sky boxes seem to take on random colours based on your location and which direction you're looking. (64 bit only)What's needed to build: CMakeMake sure the following libraries and development headers are installed:BoostCURLDevILJPEGOpenALPNGZLIBX11XextXxf86vmThe souce code downloaded from the Darkmod's Subversion repository.Build instructions: Apply diff to source from the SVN repository.Remove "include/boost". This prevents the older headings from conflicting with newer ones.If your the source code is in "~/darkmodsrc/trunk/" make a directory "~/darkmodsrc/build"Run the command:cd ~/darkmodsrc/build cmake ../trunk -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug If successful, type the following to build the actual game:make If make is successful you should now have "darkmod.x86_64", "gamex86_64.so", and "tdm_game02.pk4" in your build directory. Copy these files to your installation of TDM (or make symlinks).Other notes: Currently the CMakeLists.txt has *x86_64 file names baked into it, but if the file names are fixed, this should also work on 32 bit systems.I've only tested on Linux Mint 17.2 (64 bit).Technically it's still a work in progress, but I'm going to having less time to work on it in the near future, and the remaining bugs that I'm aware of have me stumped at how to find the cause of their problems. Anyway, I figured I'd put it out here, rather than let it languish forgotten on my hard drive. tdm--64bit-wip--2015-08-10.txt