The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

I personally wouldn't have it come "out" anywhere on the screen, but below it, so you saw only the last half of it and it was spreading out and its velocity was slowing.
Then it's going to look like your naval is on fire.
I'd guess it would have to be pretty thin to look right.

Let's not even think what it'd look like then! :laugh:

• Like 1

It could look good as part of a scripted sequence I think, like when he first walks outside, you get a V.O. with the breath and the particles and him sounding cold ... a bit like the V.O. in Gathering at the Inn actually. It gives you the sense that it's really cold outside. But it wouldn't have much added value after that and might be a distraction, so you might have it just for that first time. But who knows? Any interesting idea is worth running a test demo and seeing how it looks in-game, and you can be surprised what works and what doesn't.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Let's not even think what it'd look like then! :laugh:

What, dont like the visual details? I love them, sorry. Its a good thing to, being an animator and all.

For clarity, I meant to not be too solid in density. Noticeable from a distance, yet subtle. If they are a stream of multiple puffs so that they will do in different directions when the head is turned, they do in different directions. I've seen good breath effects, so i know it can be done, but I unfortunately can't help you with how.

How about lets not keep de-railing this thread (like im doing)? Next person to talk about it creates dev thread?

I think i even remember my first experience with breath effects, which was Rogue Spear. You can see what they did here back in 1999

• Like 1

I've been working on my first mission for some time now, hopefully this will get finished one day. Trying not to get too ambitious, so just a standard "take the streets to rich man's house, loot said house" mission (unless of course I happen to come up with something great that simply _needs_ to be made). Neither of the areas below are finished, but starting to look like something anyway.

ss2zo.th.jpg

ss1w.th.jpg

Starting to look good, and that's a lot of stuff already. I need to procrastinate less and build more; I spend altogether too much time thinking about details.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

This is what I'm working on. Nothing fancy grand just yet, I'm only testing out some of the core textures I've made to see how they look inengine.

Also, could someone please for the love of all things holy and nice PM me my password? I've been hammering the board trying to log in, and I can't find a "forgot your password" option anywhere. :(

Also, could someone please for the love of all things holy and nice PM me my password? I've been hammering the board trying to log in, and I can't find a "forgot your password" option anywhere. :(

It's right below the password entry box in the Sign In page. http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=lostpass

no editing, but got some 3d stuff done.

a gear I started along tims ago, it might look familair, still needs tweaking.

post-1981-125764170506_thumb.jpg

And added some windows and a skin

post-1981-125764171142_thumb.jpg

Did some work on a special loot item too but it needs some final tweaks. Might hold it until my mission is released.

Still need to make .def for the moveable windows.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

WINDOWS!!! you are the best! ^_^ nice gears, looking beautiful

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

Well progress on the map is going forward but the story is still only in my mind :unsure:

first3.jpg

Edited by Sonosuke

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

Looking very good but consider scaling down the wallpaper texture; its default is a bit large.

Those hanging oil lamps; where are they casting light? Might be the perspective but they appear to be over the other lights?

Hmm... no it seems i have just dajusted them bad. Those oil lamps.... i dont think they fit anyway but i cant find nice hanging lights for that place

@ SiyahParsomen: Yeah you should do that, i want to play yours too^^

@Melan: thank you! :)

Edited by Sonosuke

A nice, atmospheric shot, Sonosuke. I particularly like the staircase.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved