The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

1 hour, 1 saw, time for bed

I saw what you did there.

Texture is a little repetitive, but otherwise, neat! I assume you're going to alphatest away the black parts around the teeth.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

1 hour, 1 saw, time for bed

Looks good...we certainly need more tools.

2 posts didn't take, lets see if this one does.

-edit, oh sure, the post that I don't write anything important in posts grrr.

Anyway, the tex isn't as repetitive in game with spec (not as noticalbe at least) and I'm gonna use it for a longer verion and a handsaw. Bang for the buck.

More urge to model lately so I'll try and knock off some of the master list

---

a quicky since I had a tex ready to go

pitcher_arabic commited

post-1981-125772964748_thumb.jpg

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

@saw: Fair enough.

For a "quicky", that pitcher is rockin'!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Thanks. I had to resize it a bit, turned out smaller than I wanted. Decided to cut it up some for skin changes. Then made a matching goblet while I had that file open and all materials loaded.

Then I got the urge to try some blends with stock base metals and my tex diffuse for details. Then I started tweaking metal specs a bit, wanted to try this awhile back. Some of the metal tex are hard to deal with for some reason. Getting black issues sometimes and I swear my paths are right, but they are dds...

What do you guys think, do you like the loot (metal) a little more blingy? Look at the chalice, candlestick and trophy. The darker ones are the stock shaders.

post-1981-125798391875_thumb.jpg

this is the dark black handle on the far right. I think it's not finding the diffuse.

teapot_brass_clean
{
   qer_editorimage textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brass_flecked_ed
metal
noshadows

diffusemap textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brass01

{
   blend gl_dst_color, gl_src_color
   map models/darkmod/props/textures/bc_teapot
}

bumpmap models/darkmod/props/textures/bc_teapot_local
   specularmap textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brass_brown_s
       {
           if ( parm11 > 0 )
           blend       gl_dst_color, gl_one
           map         _white
           rgb         0.40 * parm11
       }
       {
           if ( parm11 > 0 )
           blend       add
           map         textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brass01
           rgb         0.15 * parm11
   }

// TDM Ambient Method Related
{
 blend add
 map  textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brass01
 red  global2
 green global3
 blue global4
}

}

What do you guys think, do you like the loot (metal) a little more blingy?

I think the gold one looks fine, but I think people are going to assume the silver one is also loot. There's a bit of a discrepancy right now with silver loot...sometimes things that look like silver aren't loot, and sometimes they are.

Yeah, I was kindof thinking it might come down to more of a size issue. Like a teapot, dinner tray, and the decanter are very large objects.

Realistically a thief might pass them up due to no santa claus bag even though they are valuables. A goblet he'd probably snatch.

But I think we discussed this before and just decided not to make silver loot items (at least everyday stuff) because of 20 pieces of silverware, large teapots.... Just gems, gold and art (I can see a silver art piece being loot possibly)

These skins aren't really so much of a loot thing but trying to get a nice specular on polished stuff.

I had wanted to keep a tiny bit of blue in the sliver pitcher but I realized it waas best with white spec.

I'm also working on a large silver grail (too many loot goblets and chalices around these days :) ) but it'll be a quest item, not loot per se. I'm just not satisfied enough with the normal map right now to show it off.

I have begun the planning phase of my FM "Lockdown in Vanedal"

The Premise:

Rico The Unstable, Lord and Master of the Manor DeVane, Ruler of Vanedal village is a tyrant.

Cold Blooded, Ruthless and utterly cruel, he has terrorized the people to breaking point.

Why else would they have hired a guy like me.

I have been asked to "DEAL" with situation. They don't care how i do it just that it gets done.

They gave me to key to their shack and a hand drawn map of the village and in disguise it was quite easy to get this far during the day but with the curfew in place and Lord Rico's army of highly paid guards, getting inside could be tricky.

• Like 1

I have begun the planning phase of my FM "Lockdown in Vanedal"

The Premise:

Rico The Unstable, Lord and Master of the Manor DeVane, Ruler of Vanedal village is a tyrant.

Cold Blooded, Ruthless and utterly cruel, he has terrorized the people to breaking point.

Why else would they have hired a guy like me.

I have been asked to "DEAL" with situation. They don't care how i do it just that it gets done.

They gave me to key to their shack and a hand drawn map of the village and in disguise it was quite easy to get this far during the day but with the curfew in place and Lord Rico's army of highly paid guards, getting inside could be tricky.

sounds interesting. keep it up!

--

well, what am I working now?...

it's top secret :P

ss4h.th.jpg

Haven't given up yet, thought I'd post a wip screenshot of one of the smaller houses so someone could one up me and we'd all see more pretty pretty pictures :P. And of course I only noticed the tiling errors at the wall panels after uploading. Well, too lazy to go take a better shot, this'll have to do. Now post them pictures, surely there are tons of missions in the works, other than top secret ones too :D

Edited by Tapsa_Kn

But I think we discussed this before and just decided not to make silver loot items (at least everyday stuff) because of 20 pieces of silverware, large teapots.... Just gems, gold and art (I can see a silver art piece being loot possibly)

I often have problems deciding what's loot and what's not as well. I mean by now, I know the models, but at first it was weird sometimes. And now that I read this, I thought "Hey, why not make a different colored frob-highlight for loot objects?". I am thinkig of a yellowish one. It's not as intrusive as Lootglint, but it still gives the player feedback.

Extra area added to Heart of Lone Salvation which turned out quite magical I thought. A few screenshots from the abandoned garden. Hoping to go beta by Christmas or early new year.

post-400-125925170973_thumb.jpg post-400-125925172241_thumb.jpg post-400-12592517328_thumb.jpg

Those glasshouses seem to penetrate the fog more noticeably in this image than in-game. I'll fix the texture if I can.

[edit] oh yeah, one shot I deliberately soft blurred ;)