The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

It's a good point on the screen, but screens also showcase those issues. Seeing how they are static and they give you time to really examine them.

In game is deffinately different. A lot of times I play a mission and feel very immersed, then look at screens and think 'not as pretty as I thought'. Part of that whole moving, seeing different angles...

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I've no idea what this is about or what the yellow line is. To ask the question again, are we talking about the artistic merits of the screenshot or the map?

More like "the artistic merits of the *views* in the map", which are (or not) seen by the player. An FM can be seen as an interactive movie, or an interactive piece of art. Or just something to escape reality and have fun. :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

In game is deffinately different. A lot of times I play a mission and feel very immersed, then look at screens and think 'not as pretty as I thought'. Part of that whole moving, seeing different angles...

Absolutely. There's far too great a tendency to focus on screenshots, when they're only giving you 80% of how it actually looks in game (if that).

That's why nitpicking little details in screenshots (either maps or models) is generally not useful.

No, I'm not dead. Progress has been slow partially due to real life and partially to my biggest problem - I keep adding stuff. Here's the view from the outside wall - the one that stops the player from leaving the map and gives a plausible reason why you can't. Now that it's done, I keep thinking "It would be so awesome if you could go up there." Stupid brain. wacko.gif

post-2313-129663426296_thumb.jpg

Edited by killhour

Hehe! Someone shot a gas arrow at you? Without that strange bumping sound @2.5s that clip could be even used for something.. ^_^

LOL this was just a blooper Sotha, I have already done a load of stuff thats in TDM 1.03. So if people need voice stuff all they need to do is ask.. But I cracked up afterwards, so thought I would share..

:laugh:

Edited by Bikerdude

Haven't post a screen long time, so here is one.

Carpet looks a bit thick, but otherwise mighty fine scene!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Looks nice! Once you get some paintings and wall-decor it's gonna be really nice.

It reminds me of Knightons Manor; same lots of same textures and similar color interior.

Thanks. Yes, I believe almost every original texture has been used in all the FM's, so I feel I must try to create some unique textures for my future maps...There are a few new textures in this FM though :)

Edited by Fieldmedic

Possibly bad news: For my FM to be the way it's intended, I'm gonna need "High/Low security areas". In short, the guards don't bother me as longas I'm in a low security area, but if they see me in a high security area OR see me lockpicking, they'll get pissed. According to Greebo, this requires some good coding that isn't done in the blink of an eye.

I've got a way around this, but it won't be as cool as the above...but as there is more to build on the map, I'll just hope that the implementation is inserted in time for the FM to be released rolleyes.gif

Does somebody have any idea for pulling this of with scripting?

Possibly bad news: For my FM to be the way it's intended, I'm gonna need "High/Low security areas". In short, the guards don't bother me as longas I'm in a low security area, but if they see me in a high security area OR see me lockpicking, they'll get pissed. According to Greebo, this requires some good coding that isn't done in the blink of an eye.

Thats why I love dromed,its allow you create things like without any coding skill

Proceed with caution!